jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

to be able to use 'pre'

1. Paraglider profile image90
    Paragliderposted 9 years ago

Greetings -

It would be good for the poets in the community if it were possible to post preformatted text, so that line breaks wouldn't render like paragraph breaks. Poems should appear with single, not double, line spacing.

- Paraglider

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 9 years ago

I'd like that too.

The PRE tag is great for ASCII Art.

3. Paraglider profile image90

I hadn't thought of that, but yes, of course it is. Essential, in fact!

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Look for it sometime next week, it will be in the drop down along with the paragraph and the heading formats.

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Very, very nice.

Thank you.

And thanks to Paraglider for bringing it up.

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

That's great.  I've only published one poem here, but it was tough creating the stanza breaks.

6. Paraglider profile image90

Thanks Paul -

both for {pre} and for the lightning response smile

- PG

7. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

It took a little longer than I thought, but you should be able to use the "preformatted" format option in the text capsule now.  Let me know if it doesn't work as expected.

8. profile image0
    Lisa Bargerposted 9 years ago

I LOVE this feature!  :-)  This going to shrink the size of my reference capsules by 1/4 or more. :-)

9. Paraglider profile image90

Paul -

Thanks, that's great! - I'll have a play this weekend (which starts right now in this part of the world!)

10. Paraglider profile image90

Hi Paul (and everyone!)

I created one hub today (called IF , url /IF_Kipling) using the new PRE facility. What I found was that I could type PRE text directly into the main edit window, but I was not able to paste preformatted text into the popup 'sanitiser' window. The text went in, of course, but the preformatting was lost.

Is that the way it is meant to work? If yes, it's still useful, especially for poetry, but not as quick as being able to cut/paste text.

11. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 9 years ago

The pre tag is keeping the extra spaces (made by the spacebar) needed for ASCII Art but it's creating extra space between each line of text.

working