jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

wake up people...

1. mikeabramo profile image59
    mikeabramoposted 8 years ago

What is it gonna take to wake this country up...  People have forgotten that every vote counts...   that there voice can be heard...

You can move a moutain with a signiture...  the government derives it power from the people and by the people...not the other way around...

They work for us....not the other way around...   If you want something go out and get it... don't sit back and hope for someone to give it to you...

whats on your minds... what bothers you what would you like to see change?...

1. Paraglider profile image89
      Paragliderposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It's official - HubPages is only for one country wink

2. Lissie profile image88
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Hmm don't see your point - no upcoming election around here?

mikeabramoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

every nov there is elections...  big,small...

3. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

What are you talking about ? Every vote counts lol Twice in Florida big_smile

God bless the Queen !

Florida... prime example to make some changes...

4. patnamohan profile image60
    patnamohanposted 8 years ago

VOTE??????

5. Mark Knowles profile image61

We were just gently reminding you that this is an international site. None of the people who have responded thus far are American. smile

I know that...  And that the point of my post...

6. Mark Knowles profile image61

Oh - which country were you talking about then?

Although, I envy you your naive belief that you have a voice and that every vote counts.

I have given up in my own country. When you only have 2 choices, can't tell the difference between them and they have consistently proven themselves not to have your interests at heart it becomes moot as far as I am concerned.

Every one knows the American election was rigged last time out, and even the loser backed down for the "greater good" big_smile

America...   it's a fact that the turn out in voters now is the lowest ever..   things are getting bad everyday...   All people do is complain ... they do nothing to change it...

The adverage american couldn't be bothered to vote or look into the canidates they vote for if they vote...   it's a broken system... if they vote they walk up to the ballot box and pick who ever is on there party line.... 

All I'm saying is that this nation...  [United States Of America] has made the wrong choice now once but twice...   we are looked at around the world as being war hungry... blood thirsty...

The scary thing is that george bush bought his first election.... but the second... he won... wow...  this time around we have a real chance to change that...   but us americans can't do it sitting on our hands.... we need to do alittle leg work....

We need a president who can Not only get us out of Iraq, but repair what damage G.W.bush has done throughout the world and in our nation...   

I can only hope that I get a few people to open there eyes through all of this...

7. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

vote For Jimmythejock, i dont know what for yet but every vote counts lol, i think.....jimmy

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I would rather vote for you than the current idiots smile

2. mikeabramo profile image59

lol...  you got mine...

8. Mark Knowles profile image61

I understand - I don't bother anymore. It's a wasted vote. The only thing that will change it is a change in spending habits. All the time you are pouring the entire economy into the petroleum and automobile industries and spending what is left over buying plastic crap from China - it will never change.

working