jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

blocking or deleting a follower

1. writinginalaska profile image83
    writinginalaskaposted 6 years ago

how to i block or delete a follower on my hub page.  i saw a thread that talked about fan mail.  this person did not leave me fan mail, only chose to follow me and i want to block them or delete them from following me.

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What difference does it make to you on who is following you? What makes a difference is who you follow.

2. nell79 profile image85
      nell79posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is there a reason, besides the fact they didn't leave you fan mail, that you want to delete them?

As far as I know, you can't delete followers--though I'm still pretty wet under the ears here, so I'll defer to the more knowledgeable members on this issue.

3. To Start Again profile image84
      To Start Againposted 6 years ago in reply to this

listen to relache. And, the majority of your followers probably aren't going to leave you fan mail so I'd just get used to that if I were you and besides, half of the fan mail you get isn't going to be sincere anyway.

1. nell79 profile image85
        nell79posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know how anyone else works as far as fan mail goes, but I won't leave it if I don't feel it. So in my case, the fan mail I write is very much sincere.

But you're right, it's not something that should be expected from your followers. For me, I look at is as a bonus. It's great if I get one, but it's not necessary. Just a momentary ego boost.

So far though I haven't gotten a spammy one. lol in that case I would look at it differently wink

1. To Start Again profile image84
          To Start Againposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm the same as you, nell. If I leave it, I mean it. Unfortunately not all are the same and just look at fan mail as a way to draw hubbers back to their own profiles.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

You have no control over who follows you, you can't take any actions against those people, nor does following you require them to submit fan mail.

1. saddlerider1 profile image61
      saddlerider1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I totally understand that as well. I have many followers as well as fan mail. However I never fret if I don't receive it, I am humbled by it. I send fan mail back to many writers I have great respect for as writers. I couldn't care less if I received fan mail and never expect it but honored to receive it:0))

3. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 6 years ago

You can report them if they indulge in inappropriate behavior.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

True, but not sending someone a fan mail after becoming a follower isn't considered inappropriate behavior by admin.

4. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 6 years ago

Not sure I understand. I just took a look on your profile, and most of your followers haven't left you fan mail.
    Leaving fan mail is an option, not an obligation.

5. writinginalaska profile image83

no,  this person did not leave me fan mail. My issue is not whether they left me fan mail or not.  So i guess the bottom line is i can't delete a follower then.  Hmmm...

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, but you can always hunt them down and go to their house...

smile

6. writinginalaska profile image83

ok,   i reread my orginal question.   I am NOT wanting to delete them just because they did not leave me fan mail. I know that is an option and I am flattered as a general rule when someone does leave me what seems like genuine fan mail.

working