jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

revenue potential

1. emdi profile image72
    emdiposted 6 years ago

Hubpages has a option that shows the revenue potential (number of $ signs). Does it really shows the revenue potential? What is ur exp?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think it's more an indication of the value of the keywords. If your hub never gets search engine views then you can have $$$$$ and never get a cent.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Haven't found it appropriate so I don't check it anymore.

3. GmaGoldie profile image89
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I find it helpful and have started deleting rough drafts based upon this criteria.  Essentially, the revenue is simply not there or the competition is dominated by others out on the Internet.  It is a good starting point but not an absolute.

If you love the subject - go for it but know the revenue potential - if that is your goal MAY not be there.

A number of Hubbers have stated that guide has not held true for them.  I am guessing because they have dominated the subject or have perfected the promotion - they are doing something very right for Google to reward them adequately.

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hope you mean the criteria in general and not the dollar-sign metrics that show up on your hubs. I just checked my top three earners and they show $, $ and $$$ respectively. The HP metric is way off in my experience.

@SharkAl - Just navigate over to one of your hubs. At the top of the screen you should see a "Stats" button. Click on that and then on "Metrics."

4. SharkAl profile image74
    SharkAlposted 6 years ago

Where is this $ sign? I didn't know about this, sounds really interesting.

1. emdi profile image72
      emdiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

$ sign or dollars ? :-)

5. SharkAl profile image74
    SharkAlposted 6 years ago

Where is the $ dollar sign within hub pages that reflects the hubs earning potential? Just curious to see it.

1. ByChanceTV profile image61
      ByChanceTVposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Found It!  - When you are on your own hub, click the 'Stats' tab.  Then another tab, 'Hub Metrics'.  Here you will see $$$$$ in the column.  Does that help?

1. SharkAl profile image74
        SharkAlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I see it, thanks very much ByChanceTV.

It's very interesting, of course it is not guaranteed but it gives you a good guideline.

2. 2uesday profile image88
      2uesdayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It may work for other's hubs but it does not reflect the earning potential on my Hubs.

working