jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What satisfies URL requirement for Amazon.com and other sites?

1. 0
    Bill Hareposted 5 years ago

As one who is a writer and not overly savvy on technical matters, I have a question based on what happened when I sought to establish an account with Amazon.com for purposes of seeking advertising on my hub efforts.

My application was sent back with an explanation that the URL I sent was not satisfactory.  I put down HubPages in answer to the question regarding the URL I use.  I am listed as "Bill Hare at HubPages" but I am wondering if this is what they are seeking or something of a more technical jargon nature.  As one who uses search engines but am not familiar with URL questions, I would appreciate it if someone could fill me in with what Amazon.com and anyone else asking the same question is seeking in response to the URL inquiry.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Bill Hare
    (aka lost in URL land, at least for the moment)

1. Cammilyn Scott profile image72
      Cammilyn Scottposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Bill

Did you get your URL to work?  I am having problems with mine.  My domain ownership is incorrect.  Any help will be appreciated.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Yours would be http://hubpages.com/profile/Bill_Hare I believe. It might be Bill+Hare -- not really sure.

Just go to your profile page (look up to the right here and click "my profile") and just copy the URL from there.

And welcome to HubPages!

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Use the latter that Irohner mentioned, which is the actual profile page URL:

The first one will not work ("user does not exist").

You can easily obtain the profile page URL from anywhere by right-clicking on the avatar or the link by your avatar, then copy link.

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep, that's the one.

2. 0
      Bill Hareposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very kindly for the assistance.  I will get back to Amazon.com using the information provided.  On Google I notice that they were supposed to get back to me shortly re my application there.  Thus far they have not but perhaps they will in time.  If not I will buzz them back again.
      I am now in the "teething stages" re my activity at hubpages and expect that in time I will fall into the routine and make contact with the folks with whom I need to interact.

Thanks again and have a great day.

4. tritrain profile image78
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

I would actually set up a free Blogger.com blog, if you don't have your own site.

Blogger is owned by Google.  Google and Amazon have a nice partnership going and there is a specific tool that was created for Blogger.

You can then write about your Hubs on the blog and you'll get a nice backlink to the Hubs too.

5. To Start Again profile image84
    To Start Againposted 5 years ago

Make sure to check your junk mail folder Bill- sometimes the email ends up there. It may take a few days for them to get back to you. don't fret smile