jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Is Squido like hubpages?

1. David 470 profile image84
    David 470posted 5 years ago

I'm trying to find a site that is similar to hubpages. I've been using infobarrel, but I do not think its anywhere near as good as hubpages.

I have heard squido is similar to hubpages. Does squido rank well in google? I don't mind writing more content, I just want to make sure I do not waste my time if my articles are not found...then efforts will be in vein..

Apparently, you do not need an adsense code for squido.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ive written a couple of things for Squidoo ,but didnt stay long enough to give a reliable opinion.

Why wouldnt you want adsense? smile

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 5 years ago

I tried infobarrel and found it to be a waste of time. I haven't written on Squidoo, BUT I have seen a few squidoo pages(lens) ranking high in SERPs. Still it is not as good as hubpages.

David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like inforbarrel a little bit, but it does not seem like my articles are really being found like they are on hubpages. Infobarrel must not be as widely known in the search engines. I write on the same/similar topics like I do on hubpages so I know my hubs are found easier than my articles on infobarrel.

2. 0
      TopUniverseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have seen that PR of squdoo is better than hubpages. Any idea why squidoo is not ranking well like hubpages?

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

It's similar and different.  I make a good income from both sites.

4. kevinwang128 profile image61
    kevinwang128posted 5 years ago

i like the ranking display of your lens against others, hubpage should do something similar for SEO minded writer

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lensrank is not a reflection of SEO. 

It's their own internal system, just like how HubScores don't mean squat outside of HubPages.

1. NorDac profile image61
        NorDacposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with this to a point. Neither Hubscore or Lensrank have a direct effect on things like Googles PR. They both do have a very large effect on SEO.

I can speak about Squidoo a little better. The higher a pages Lensrank is the higher it shows up on the Squidoo search pages. These are the pages with high PR and higher traffic. That means that the internal linking of Squidoo does you far more good from an SEO point of view. Your page becomes stronger and it starts showing up in more Google Searches.

However, internal links are not enough, you also need to get at least some external links to reach the full benefit.

5. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

I got my article denied once from IB but i can understand their way of managing content quality. There are some top earners on infobarrel as well. Look for profile names - AJWalton, chezfat,jcmeyer etc. Andrew(ajwalton) is hitting 1k$ per month from IB articles. Infobarrel is not a waste of time but surely it may or may not catch hype like HP. (Some reasons - no comment box for visitors, inconsistent fonts across all pages, forced internal linking on user articles etc) That aside i think it's very good resource for diversification.

On Squidoo- Michelle89 aka Squidoogirl is hitting more than 100-500$ from squidoo. Ah, i can go on and on about top earners on squidoo.

I don't think there is easy to use interface like hubpages anywhere.

David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

One of the main things that I do not like about infobarrel, is that I don't think there's a spell check thing. I could be wrong though, but I have not seen it. If i misspell a word, it does not indicate that I di,

6. stevejones profile image59
    stevejonesposted 5 years ago

I find Squidoo to be average to say the least. Posts (Lens) tend not to list for long and soon drop down the Squidoo league. Not useful for SEO in my opinion. Adsense seems to yield best results for me.

7. 0
    BenjaminBposted 5 years ago

David I've tried several other sites and canceled my accounts there as no site gives you such an instant boost like Hubpages does. The thing I figured out about Squidoo quickly is that you have to put in too much work just to start seeing the same benefit that you can find quickly at Hubpages and I never saw a single backlink from a lense to a Hub show up at all.I also think their interface is a complete joke as compared to Hubpages.

For possible future gains I would recommend sites that are possibly big up and comers that the backlinks show up quickly from.They also share revenue and are owned or affiliated with Hubbers. These sites are ThisIsFreelance owned by ThisIsOli and Excerptz which is touted by RyanKett (not sure if he owns it). Both sites are set up on the Wordpress platform and look great and are easy to use.