We are using the Meetup platform to help Hubbers meet one another. I've heard of a few issues with the platform and thought I'd give a few tips to starting or joining a new community:
1. Go to the Meetup website to either join or start a new community where you live.
2. Meetup recognizes communities that you are near and will make suggestions. You have three choices: join a suggested community; add another community in your area; or create a new community in a different area. (Creating a community in a different area may be useful if Meetup incorrectly identifies your home town.)
3. If you don't see your community, you can search for it in the search box in the top right corner.
4. Meetup will display your searched community. If you click on the city link you will be brought to the community page of this city.
5. Click "join this community" and you will be part of your city's community.
6. If you live in a large metropolitan area and want to be in a more specific community within your city, you can click "start a new community" in your city, e.g., if you live in San Francisco, but want to start a community in the Mission District of San Francisco.
7. Once you've joined a community, you can set a meeting date, or Meetup will email you if anyone else does.
8. Let us know how it all goes! We would love pictures of your Meetups to post on our Facebook Wall! Have fun!
by Glenn Stok3 years ago
Only three weeks to go until our first meetup for Hubbers on Long Island. If you live anywhere from New York City to Nassau or Suffolk on Long Island, come join us on Saturday, March 26, 2011 at 1:00 PM in Lake Grove at...
by Melanie Shebel5 years ago
Decided to get a meetup group going.The first meetup:Sunday, September 4, 2011 1:00 PMStarbucks, Michigan City, IN http://www.meetup.com/HubPages/Michigan-City-IN/
by Robin Edmondson5 years ago
UPDATED: Dublin, CABorders have closed their coffee shop, so we can no longer meet there. The HubPages meetup is now at Barnes and Noble in Dublin Hacienda. Here is the addressHacienda Crossings4972 Dublin...
by Corey3 years ago
I have noticed only a couple of hubbers from Massachusetts. They are in the Eastern half of the state. Are there any Western Mass hubbers out there? Love to find out and set something up.Corey
by Robin Edmondson5 years ago
Relache has organized the first social Meetup in Seattle! Go to the Meetup website to become a Seattle HubPages member; rsvp to this event; and be in the loop with other Seattle Hubbers: ...
by Melanie Shebel2 years ago
I live close enough to Chicago to make the drive out to a hubmeetup group. However, I live far enough away to not know anything about it, so I couldn't really plan a hubmeetup group. (With my luck, I'd pick a...
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.