jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

HubPages traffic stats question

1. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

For several months now my HP traffic has run about 1/3 of google.com traffic.

Yesterday I had a good traffic day but noticed that hp traffic was equal to the google figure - the figure for HP more than doubled it's normal value. 

I had spent some time tweaking some hubs, including adding internal links, and it made me wonder of an organic visitor comes to hub A and follows my link to hub B is he now reported as an HP visitor to hub B?  Or is he still a google visitor?

1. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think the visitor to hub B is considered as google visitor. I have occasions where my hub has been viewed for unrelated keywords. What is the reason?  It may be the for what  wilderness asked.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I may be wrong but I believe that if the visitor comes by clicking a Google link, he's considered a Google visitor. If he is on HP then clicks another HP link, he's considered a Hubpages visitor.

I have a hub which gets 20+ hits a day (celebrities one) and nearly all of them come from Hubpages - I think they're all coming from a few prime spots on other celebrity hubs.

wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If I understand you, a google visitor that clicks on a hub link to another hub becomes a HP visitor when he does it.

That makes sense to me; the cookie is re-set to indicate he came from HP, and follows your example as well.  It also makes the HP traffic figure almost meaningless.  I've always considered HP traffic to be hubbers, but it might not be so at all.

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Maybe Analytics would show a much more accurate figure?

wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It might, but I think it would take a lot of work to get it.  With one hub, like you were talking about, not much problem, but with HP visits scattered over 100 hubs it might take a while.

Maybe someone from HP could clarify it.  It would be nice to know, for instance, if you got 100 HP traffic how many were from hubbers and how many were actually organic visits that found a link.  While I find 1000's of links to my hubs all over HP I would expect most organic visitors to click on one of the ones I provide, thus giving an indication of the value of all those text links in put into the hubs.

3. lyndre profile image81
    lyndreposted 6 years ago

I just want traffic.HP,Google,Yahoo,Bing,Anywhere will do lol

working