jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Applying for affiliate programs for new hubbers.

1. 62
    batzmaruposted 5 years ago

I just recently joined hub-pages and I have a few questions about applying for the affiliate programs.

-Is it ok to apply for adsense/amazon/eBay if I haven't created any hub yet? Will I get approved with a hub-pages account without a hub?

-If hubs are needed, what is the recommended minimum amount to have before applying for the affiliate programs?

-If my application gets denied, how long before I can apply for another account?

I am fairly new to this and would really like some advice on on this. Any suggestions to make my application getting accepted is also appreciated.

1. 0
      ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You should write hubs before applying for any of those affiliate programs, a good number would be about 10 or so high quality hubs. If you application is denied wait about six months before applying again. Hope this helps!

2. mypleasurefantasy profile image81
    mypleasurefantasyposted 5 years ago

its as ssaul mentioned...it's in your best benefit to have at least 10 hubs published so that you can properly apply. Understand that with Amazon, you have to manually set each capsule in your hub that relates to your hub and you can only have 2 on each hub. I am unsure if Ebay does the same, especially since Ebay is rather difficult to get accepted for.

When applying, understand; the more traffic the more clicks. This is a double edged sword, so it takes a lot of keyword research and niche specific hubs or your GOD and are amazing. smile

Regardless...Good luck and don't hesitate to ask anyone for help if you get stuck

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Actually, there is no limit to the number of Amazon/Ebay capsules you can put on a hub.

I would read this and everything below it for information on affiliates:

And you will not be able to get an Ebay account through HubPages, you need to have your own domain:

"eBay has changed the terms of their affiliate program, and is not currently approving applications of people that do not operate a site on their own domain. If you have an approved ePN account you can use it on HubPages. If you do not have an ePN account, you are very unlikely to be approved by applying using your presence on HubPages. If you have a site on a domain that you own, we'd suggest applying using that site."