jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Websites for pictures

1. Carmen S. Jones profile image70
    Carmen S. Jonesposted 5 years ago

What are some websites that I can use that have free pictures for my hubs? I used to use fotosearch.com when I wrote for Ehow. Are there others?

1. gypsumgirl profile image93
      gypsumgirlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can do a Google search for "free digital photos" and bookmark some of those sites.

If you do a direct images search on Google Images, you have to be careful about copyright.  You have to do an advanced search and select commercial reuse in order to use them on your hub.

Hope that helps.

2. Edweirdo profile image96
      Edweirdoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I use the Creative Commons search tool:

It shows results from Wikimedia, Google and Flickr which have the appropriate copyrights for re-use on the web

It sometimes has limited results because it follows copyright rules, but at least you know you aren't violating anyone's rights! And there are often lots of Public Domain images available.

openclipart.org is also handy if you want illustrations and icon-type images that are all Public Domain.

2. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 5 years ago

You can always go to Google search and click on images in the upper left portion of page after your search is completed. It will show all associated images for the word or phrase you just performed the search on.

3. Carmen S. Jones profile image70
    Carmen S. Jonesposted 5 years ago

I was already aware about not to use Google. I'll just stick with fotosearch.com.

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

just do a search for threads on this subject and you will find loads of information.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1401294  and more

1. Carmen S. Jones profile image70
      Carmen S. Jonesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thank you. I'll check it out now.

5. Stina Caxe profile image87
    Stina Caxeposted 5 years ago

I use www.dreamstime.com, they sell images but also have a wide variety of free images as well.  You can also upload your own images there for others to buy or use for free.

6. NorDac profile image61
    NorDacposted 5 years ago

You can find a list of sites here. http://www.topwebsitetips.com/StockImages.aspx

Most require some payment, but if you chose the lowest quality (size) image they are pretty cheap. You don't need high rez pics. You will not be able to tell the difference if you are not blowing the picture up and cropping  or printing the picture.

I usually use istock.com