Does anyone know why handicapped buses for schools are a different col

1. LyndaD profile image58
    LyndaDposted 5 years ago

Does anyone else feel this adds to singling out students with disabilities? I ask this b/c I know a person very close to me was teased by his/her peers strictly because he/she rode the "short blue & white bus" to school.
    I posted this as a question as well. Because this hits to close to home it's important to get my peers feedback, children, regardless of their age can be cruel. I'd like to write a hub about this as well.

1. visitmaniac profile image61
      visitmaniacposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The buses here for all the kids handicapped or not are the same color yellow. I have not seen one that stands out yet as any different.

But any kids all kids always say "short bus" as a joke they are just kids in most cases and don't know any better. It's not right of them to act like that nor should they and its really just up to parents to raise their kids right.

1. LyndaD profile image58
        LyndaDposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We've all heard the "short bus" jokes before that's for sure. I think that's great the buses you speak of are the same because they should be.
        The handicap buses I have seen in Ontario unfortunately are blue and white and are shorter.
        As for the parents, children will definitely be children regardless of their parents. I just feel that here in ONtario the buses should all be the same.