jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Best site to write content and get upfront payment

1. sid_candid profile image59
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

Which is the best site to write content for and get paid right away. Another important thing is it should be an universal site and should be accepting members from all countries. many sites only prefer members from USA and Canada and I am not from any of these countries. I am in urgent need of some cash. Even $10-$15 is fine.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I posted a similar question a few months ago. You may find some help there:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/61499

1. sid_candid profile image59
        sid_candidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just went through your thread Wrylilt and fount it useful and confusing at the same time. Someone appreciates a site and next post says it is the worst site ever. It makes difficult to chose a site.

1. lrohner profile image86
          lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You may not always have a choice. smile

You have to apply and be approved to write on most of those sites, including submitting a writing sample. On some of them, anyone can join, but they moderate the content and may or may not let all articles fly.

I don't remember exactly, but I don't think you need to formally apply to Associated Content and Constant Content. I think you do have to be approved for the rest of them, like Suite 101, Demand Studios, About, Wisegeek, BrightHub, etc.

Edited to add: Some of those sites accumulate your earnings and only pay once per month.

1. rmcrayne profile image95
            rmcrayneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's been almost 4 weeks since I applied to Bright Hub, and I still haven't heard anything.

You should have emailed me! I'll drop a note to my Managing Editor tomorrow. I know that she was pretty sick for a while and now her Grandmother is in the hospital, so she may just be VERY behind in apps.

I was thinking I had emailed you, but it must have been me letting you know I had completed the application process.  I've been pretty sick myself.  Still can't hear.  Hope all goes well with Grandma.

I just PMd her and she did have a backlog of apps. You're approved. I just sent you an email. Good luck!

Yikes, I'm finally on my way!  Thanks good HubBuddy!

2. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Just an addendum to that thread, Associated Content is now the Yahoo Contributor Network. I don't know if anything there has changed or not.

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it's got worse... smile

3. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 5 years ago

Try Guru.com or Elance.com.

4. sid_candid profile image59
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I do have an account for more than a year there but don't know how to apply for a task there. Would you know how to get a task in Guru or Elance.

1. SiddSingh profile image60
      SiddSinghposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think Guru (and probably Elance too) have a feature where they e-mail you projects that meet your profile.

But I think you cannot get too far without being a paying member. You will find that the better projects need credits or something - which means you have to become a member, and spend some money before you get access to all the projects - specially ones that pay well.

Of course, free membership can also get you projects - but they usually do not pay well.

Just go there, log in, and check out some projects. See what you get - may be you will get something you like.

(I have not been there for over an year now, so my info may not be updated)

There is another similar option - ODesk. Fellow hubber Sufidreamer has had good experience with it. I think he has written a few hubs on how to work best with ODesk - go read them. Plus, he is a successful freelance writer, so you will learn anyway from his hubs on freelance writing.

working