jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Duplicate copy-Why?

1. Elearn4Life profile image67
    Elearn4Lifeposted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub and reprinted the response I recieved from my hub in a new hub giving the hub visitor credit and a link to their profile.

Why is this considered duplicate copy? http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Care-For … Elder-Care

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Duplicate content is ANY content that is published more than once on the internet.

Whether you wrote it or someone else did, if it appears more than once on the internet, it is considered duplicate content.

Google has recently cracked down on duplicate content and hubpages has always been strict about it.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How do you not understand that reprinting something already published is considered duplication?

2. kevinwang128 profile image61
    kevinwang128posted 6 years ago

check with copyscape?

flooded internet XD

3. Elearn4Life profile image67

Of course I know it is duplicate information (in the form of a reply to my article). What I don't understand is why I am penalized when giving credit for the information.

The information is by no means being passed as my own.I simply am sharing the response(reply) and don't want to change someone elses words out of respect.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're not giving credit, you're reproducing it.

The correct way to give credit is to provide a hyperlink to the original.  If you copy and paste it instead, you will be penalized.

1. Elearn4Life profile image67
        Elearn4Lifeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My article is the original with the reply that was made into a stand alone hub. Sending a hyperlink back to my hub wouldn't make sense.The response is what I wanted to show others with explanation.

However I did resolve the issue. Thanks for your response.

4. Elearn4Life profile image67

Thank you for your help,all!

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Did you try using the 'quotes' button? not sure that would help but just around the whatever part is copied. Just a thought, no expert here. tongue

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No matter what setting material is presented in, the automatic monitor will flag it because it doesn't see attributions, it just sees the same content repeated.

2. Elearn4Life profile image67
      Elearn4Lifeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I did use the quote buttons Dame Scribe and WryLitt you are right it only picked up that the material was the same. I removed the reply and it stopped the issue immediately.

Now we know even replies are considered article content! Interesting lesson. Enjoy your Valentines Day!

working