jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Wordpress Direct - anyone heard of/used it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

I just signed up for a free trial of Wordpress Direct, out of curiosity (mainly because I couldn't quite work out what it did!).

Has anyone else used it, and is it worthwhile?

My initial impression is that its main function is to enable people to create websites without bothering to learn how!  I don't need that - I'm importing existing websites - so I'm not sure if the benefits are going to be enough to justify a monthly fee.

I can see they're giving me a suite of premium plugins - but there are so many, I'm worried about overload. I'm sure I was told having acres of plugins will slow down your site?

It also enables you to manage all your sites from their control panel, and there's some kind of autoblogging service.  Haven't worked it out yet!

2. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

HAHAHAHA! lol

Sorry, you know I respect you, so please, run far away from this site!

It's nothing more than a content scraping type of service. In fact in the third video the girl actually says they scour the net looking for content for your keywords.

Then their software scrapes it (steals it) and viola, you have nice duplicate content. I'm sure they scape hubpages articles to!

As for all the other stuff they talk about, it's all stuf you can do yourself only better. This stuff never, never is what it seems.

I would not use their service if THEY paid ME for it. hmm

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

Since Google has already announced they are cracking down on sites made of nothing but duplicate content, I would avoid them. 

How are they associated with the 30DC?

The site doesn't really seem reputable enough to be a legitimate part of it.

Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oli, they don't place a big emphasis on the autoblogging side of the program in their promotions - it's more about ease of managing your suite of sites, better SEO etc etc. 

The founders of the Thirty DC (not the HubPages version, the other one!) were involved in its development.  I finally found a blog post about it:

http://www.thirtydaychallenge.com/blog/ … -thoughts/

4. salt profile image66
    saltposted 5 years ago

Umm was going to have a look at it, now I wont. I was wanting to say hello to Marisa though. Ive just made my first 150!!! Not much but its a start!

thanks marisa, you are one of the early people who helped me. You taught me about creative commons! Thanks.

(It took me over 2 years to realize that I was downloading thumbprints and wondering why I couldnt get larger photos on my hubs, yet I can now!)

Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Salt, glad to help a fellow Aussie!