jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

No better way to start the day than with a Trojan virus

1. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

Grrrr.... two hours it took me to get rid of it whilst messing around in safe mode, and to think that I got up at 6am to have a productive start to the morning!

Who makes these things? I bet plenty of suckers pay the money that they ask for, it was one of those Warning! ones which hacks your desktop background and then doesn't allow you to open any of your anti-virus or anti-malware programs.

Serves me right for not running the weekly update of my anti-virus, and for using torrent sites, thank you online virus removal programs for existing though (more specifically, thank you ESET for working after Malwarebytes, AVG, McAfee, and Windows Live OneCare all failed miserably).

1. Granny's House profile image73
      Granny's Houseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I Google the virus, then do what the site says to do to get rid of it

2. 0
      ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep, its pretty frustrating, I have gotten trojan viurs couple times, I am not computer genius but it took me several hours well to get rid of it myself. You definitely have to go to the source, meaning check the path which it is located or you can do a system restore.

1. 0
        ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ESET the online virus remover got rid of it for me.

1. 0
          ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yea, that's what I forgot to mention ESET is the best for removing virus especially trojan!

3. David 470 profile image84
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I despise trojans! In the past, I have gotten them. The only surefire way to get rid of them is to reset computer to factory settings. However, if your someone who has a lot of programs, and etc..Then its not a good idea.

I paid about over 100 dollars to get my laptop fixed a couples years ago. Then I found out that my computer could reset my laptop to factory settings. Boy, I wish 'best buy" would of told me that.

2. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

Set yourself up with a virtual box for running and testing out any software with any dubious origins.

Make an image file of your system when its nice and fresh and you have all your time intensive programs and updates installed.

Fixing any possible virus issues becomes a click and walk away for a coffee process.

3. Dale Nelson profile image30
    Dale Nelsonposted 5 years ago

Thats hectic. It could have been worse though.

You always have such streamlined ways of working.
    Are you not a robot by any chance.
    60dc for 2011?

4. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

Why don't you use sandboxie or Vmware virtual appliance ?

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Can't you just do a Windows roll-back of 24 hours?