jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Are such embed links allowed?

1. snakebaby profile image72
    snakebabyposted 5 years ago

1. Just saw an embed link in a hub that surprisingly linked manually (has to be manually) to a google adwords ads, have no idea what this hubber was thinking and what was his/her intention to do so

2. An embed link in another hub takes you to his/her affiliate site, when you are trying to leave the site, it bombards you with 4 pop up windows one after another even with audio sound in an effort to try to make you stay on

Naturally I believe these are all bad behaviors, but not sure if they are allowed and if they should be flagged

2. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

Adsense ad in text capsule link ? Are you sure ?

Affiliate links are allowed. What merchant attempts to do with squeeze page is not a problem on affiliate marketer side. I agree that you should choose merchant who is not using any sneaky tricks. But it's business we're tolerating kontera/infolinks the same way as well.

snakebabyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, skyfire (nice name, btw). Yes, I'm positive it is an adsense ads link. I have the link to the hub, if necessary, I can post it here.

The affiliate site is the hubber's own site, it is the hubber himself who implemented that many popups, nothing to do with the affiliate merchant. Those popups are so low quality, sounded and looked malicious, I accidentally clicked on the same site few times and was frightened every single time, thought I was infected by a serious virus. That is what made me wonder.

3. snakebaby profile image72
    snakebabyposted 5 years ago

There is another hub with 4 links embed, all from the same site, although different landing pages. Not sure if that is also allowed?

1. Michael Willis profile image78
      Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is only allowed to link 2 times to the same site. 4 should get them flagged.
      I hear there are a few sites that are an exception, I sure wish HP would make a list of those sites.

snakebabyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess those well known ones that obviously when used, the intention would not be promote them, they must be the exceptions. But having a list of the sites would be nice