jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

I'm New and my score is low - WHY?

1. ByChanceTV profile image60
    ByChanceTVposted 5 years ago

I'm very new and I've only posted a couple of hubs.  Why is my score so much lower than others.  I've submitted original content I wrote on different topics??

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4592466_f248.jpg

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Because you're very new and you've only posted a couple of hubs.

ByChanceTVposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Kinda makes the newbies a little discourage, but thanks for your reply.  I plan on building my number up?  Any kind of tactics?

1. darkside profile image79
          darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If joining a site and not having instant success is a discouragement then you need to harden up a bit.

The force is strong with you!!

2. relache profile image87
          relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So, you're saying you'd feel better if you started out at 100 and then just watched your score go down and down...?

2. suncat profile image61
      suncatposted 5 years ago in reply to this

this cute doggy will certainly help you smile smile

just keep publishing interesting stuff and it will go up

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4511339_f248.jpg

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Time will cure. smile

Deleted

1. To Start Again profile image84
        To Start Againposted 5 years ago in reply to this

try more (constructive) forum posts, commenting on others hubs and publishing more quality content. Vote hubs and leave good comments for others. It climbs pretty quickly when you're active smile

3. Midnight Oil profile image88
    Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago

Rome wasn't built in a day or a few hubs.  Your Patience will be rewarded, but stick with it and just posting hubs... wink

4. shogan profile image86
    shoganposted 5 years ago

ByChanceTV, don't worry about it.  If you keep at it, your score will rise and get to a point where it won't matter anymore.

5. To Start Again profile image84
    To Start Againposted 5 years ago

If we started with high scores then what would be our motivation to participate in the site and continue publishing quality hubs?? smile Not that I haven't been known to gripe a little about my own....  wink

6. 0
    Shayla Ebsenposted 5 years ago

You have to earn success here - I'm still new as well but am working on building up my scores. This isn't a get rich over night type of deal.

7. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

Hubber score will build up in a week or so. Don't worry, just post hubs, enjoy the site, whatever. smile

8. StarCreate profile image82
    StarCreateposted 5 years ago

I'n new too, and I've found it quite motivating to watch my scores on both profile and my first few hubs steadily increasing day by day. 

Obviously the algorithm behind it is a total mystery, but hey, we're all here so let's enjoy the ride!

9. xrocker30 profile image80
    xrocker30posted 5 years ago

I beleive a major factor to getting a high hubscore is publishing hubs that people might be interested in reading in their spare time. Or the most important, hubs that will help them. Hubs and articles that seem to constantly do well are the "How To..." hubs. Think of topics that people with take the time to want to read and it will benefit them by reading it.

working