jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Okay, I've published my first 10 Hubs...

1. GAbaptist profile image84
    GAbaptistposted 5 years ago

Hey Fellow Hubbers! Over the past couple of weeks I've published my first ten hubs and was wondering if I could get some feedback from you on things I am doing right and things that need to be improved...

I've tried to do a variety of article topics, but my overall goal is to work towards some money versus the writing exposure.

Any comments would be well appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you!

2. shogan profile image87
    shoganposted 5 years ago

Ok, here goes.  Feel free to take or leave what I have to say.  First off, I'd change your profile picture.  I know you didn't ask about it, but it looks a little like a mug shot.  I'm sure there are better pictures you could use.

I only looked at the Leatherman hub,  but the "him" is awkward just before the "his" in the first paragraph.  I'd definitely specify what a Leatherman is in the first paragraph a little more than you do.  I think you set up each type of Leatherman (men? smile) with Amazon capsules well, and adding the video works.  Personally, I think you include too many options in the Amazon capsule at the end of the article.  Others may disagree, but I think you might be better served taking out a couple selections from each column.  Overall, it's really a good hub, GAbaptist.  It got me thinking about getting a new Leatherman!

GAbaptistposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks shogan for taking the time to look and reply. I appreciate your input and I have implemented some changes.

You were right about the "him" in the first paragraph... When I read back over it, it did sound redundant. I have been reading the forums quite a bit and looking at other hubs and, like you said, there are differing opinions on how many affiliate ads to put on a hub. I guess I'll just have to test some both ways and see what works best.

Thanks for the compliment and I wish you continued success!

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I looked at your cancer and webcam hubs, and I think you've done a great job! My only advice is to avoid putting a pic to the right of the first text capsule. That's the most prime piece of ad space on the page. You can insert an Amazon or eBay capsule there instead, or (my preference), just make the capsule long enough so that the default AdSense ad shows up there.

But seriously -- nice job!

GAbaptistposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Irohner, I didn't realize that about the picture in the first capsule. I'm gonna go back through and see if i can fix that.

Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback and I hope I can return the favor sometime.