jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

First Hub, Any Critiques?

1. HauserQ profile image77
    HauserQposted 5 years ago

I joined Hubpages a few weeks ago but haven't published a hub until now. If any of you wouldn't mind taking a quick glance at it and giving me any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. chemicalengineeri profile image61
    chemicalengineeriposted 5 years ago

Read success stories of Hubpages. You can learn more about writing best hubs

3. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

Hey HauserQ - welcome to HubPages smile

Your hub is, by and large - fine. It's a great first effort and what it lacks is you to go back and review/edit. You've got a few grammar/spelling mistakes that interrupt the flow of the text.

You could do with 'best nerf guns' being inserted into the text a few more times. 'this is why it's one of the best nerf guns' - 'this is one of the best nerf guns because ... ' kind of thing.

Don't go nuts though - a few naturally occurring repetitions of your keyword will suffice. Tags - you could choose better ones. Use one's that directly relate to your keyword - rather than generics that don't fit with the keyword - such as 'kids toys'.

buy a nerf gun, buy nerf, buy nerf guns, buy nerf guns online, best nerf guns to buy, best nerf gun, cheap nerf guns, cheapest nerf gun, cool nerf guns - etc.

And add something to your profile. Nothing too explanatory - just who you are, that you review products or some such. Makes you more user friendly.

Hope that helps smile

4. HauserQ profile image77
    HauserQposted 5 years ago

Thanks chemicalengineeri for the tip and thank you frogdropping for the thorough critiquing! I really appreciate it and made changes based on your suggestions.