jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Posting links within comments

1. OrangeCast profile image87
    OrangeCastposted 8 years ago

Question 1: Do you do this simply by typing in the HTML? (i.e. <a href="blah blah blah")  There does not appear to be a tool in the comment text box, as there is when using capsules.

Question 2: Is it frowned upon or bad form, based on community norms, to post links to your hubs (if the content is related) in the comment streams of other hubs?  I know in some communities that it is.  What is the accepted practice on HubPages?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

Welcome to Hub Pages.

Answer 1:
    Just use the link address starting with http://  No HTML code is needed. (I think that just www may work too.)

Answer 2:
    If a hub of yours is directly related to what is being discussed in a forum thread, then linking to it is fine.
    But you need to be providing good, relevant information in your link - not just a sales pitch for your services.

Because the people here know how to use the "deny" and  "report" links that appear in every hub and forum post.

Eric G.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

URLs will be automatically hyperlinked in comments, but no HTML is allowed.  Links in comments all have nofollow applied to them.   Despite this, my impression is that leaving links in comments is frowned upon by most good authors.  At the very least, the burden of proof will be on the commenter to show that they aren't "spamming" -- you will be presumed guilty until proven innocent.

P.S. -- If too many of your comments are marked by authors as "spam", you risk having your account penalized or closed.

1. OrangeCast profile image87
      OrangeCastposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.  I forgot about the Approve/Deny option with regard to comments, but I had anticipated that in general the practice would be frowned upon.