"Link to this page" doesn't show on all my hubs

1. Bard of Ely profile image89
    Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago

At the bottom of each hub page there are several options with "Link to this page" being the last one on one side of a row and next to "e-mail this page," however on some of my hubs I have recently noticed that it is missing, which whilst not serious is a bit annoying if you had gone to a particular hub to get the link.

Anybody else here with this problem or know what causes it?

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

We apply the NOINDEX meta tag to hubs that are being accessed through a non-canonical URL.  This prevents google from seeing the same content at two different URLs (something that they may penalize us for).  When we apply NOINDEX, we also remove the "link to this page" at the bottom because we'd prefer people link to the canonical url.

As an example, this non-canonical url could be clicked on from Hubtivity, and will take you directly to the comment:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Friends-A-diffe … ent=422065

while this is the canonical url for the hub:

What we ought to do is to leave the link to this page button in place but just use the canonical url in the link.  I just opened up a bug, not sure when we'll get it fixed though. smile  In the mean time, you should be able to work around it by just removing the ? and anything after it from the URL manually.

3. Bard of Ely profile image89
    Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago

Thanks for explaining, Paul!