jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Suggest a feature: more detail on bad links and duplicate content

1. Pcunix profile image87
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Just now, I find the status page tells me I have a bad link on one of my hubs.  I just checked it; I can't find any bad links.  Wouldn't it help if the little exclamation mark could show me what links you think you didn't find?

Another page says it is a duplicate. If so, neither I nor HubDefender knows where the "substantial content" is.  Why not tell me where you think you found it so I can go see for myself rather than sending you email to question it?

1. Bronson_Hub profile image79
      Bronson_Hubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with your sentiment that the vague warnings that omit the details in question are unhelpful and counter productive.

If something detects a problem in our Hubs, it obviously picked something up that's specific.  It would help all of us to make that knowledge available to those of us who receive warnings.

The email is wasted time and I agree with you there, too.  What's the point of the email if the person will read back to you the same data that could easily be included with the warnings.

Of course our displeasure at this might be a work in progress that will be available as the site changes.  They probably are trying to figure out a way to incorporate it, among 5 million other things.  We keep them busy, don't we?

2. Pcunix profile image87
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

I sometimes wonder whether the programmers are hubbers.  I think that if they were, some features (like this) would be so obvious that they would have automatically been done.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

The bad links are highlighted for you, PCUnix. You just need to go into the hub's edit mode, and you'll see the bad link light up in bright yellow.

1. Pcunix profile image87
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So I see.

And yet the link works..  I took it out anyway.  It wasn't a critical link, so no point in worrying about it.

So how about the duplicates? Is there some hidden secret that shows that?