jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

2 hubs similar title(different body content) marked ''duplicate"

1. 59
    autoaestheticaposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone, just as the title says:

I am writing a multipart series on separating the wheat from the chaff in auto detailing and have part 1 and 2 with the same title except for PART ONE and PART TWO respectively.

There are in no way duplicates of each other aside from the title.

How can I go about getting the mislabled duplicate off the Part 2(because im sure it will happen part 3) so I am no penalized.

Thanks so much in advance.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Email team@hubpages.com. I'm sure they can help.

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agreed. smile

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Your titles are quite long, and anything over 65 characters won't be seen.  (http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/65570#post1439728)

Not only will this make a reader unable to see the difference in hubs, but is it possible that it will also make the "duplicate" tag appear?

I would suggest re-wording it so that the part 1 is near the beginning for the searcher if nothing else.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

The problem is NOT the titles of your Hubs being similar to each other.  It's that the content of your Hubs has already been published on the Internet and is being duplicated here.

Both of your Hubs are copied from posts made on Craigslist in January of this year.  If you contact admin, I'm sure they'll just point that out to you and tell you to write something original.

1. 59
      autoaestheticaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate all the help - and VERY quickly.

@relache the CL add was sort of the "beta" to what as written there. Content may be similar as I essentially short quoted myself from own ad but the content is not a duplicate.

If rewording the title, the link stays the same but this is irrelevant. Would changing the title result in keeping the duplicate? (because the URL is the same?)

The point you seem to be missing- duplicate content flag means YOU copied it from somewhere else. Relache told you that your content was already posted in Jan. If the average hubber, and no offense to Relache, because she isn't the average hubber, can locate duplicate content of your hubs then admin will also.

If too much of your hub is copied from somewhere else online, then you get the duplicate tag put on that piece of written material. Once you have created enough unique or original content, with a good mix of other content, such as "quotes" from other places, then you are likely to lose the duplicate tag presently on your hubs.

As for your titles- you should have good solid titles, which pose a question or tackle a specific niche market. If your title is too long, more than 65 characters(including spaces), then on the search engines, the title of your hub will run off into ..... and your reader will not be able to read your entire title.

I hope that helps. smile

1. 59
          autoaestheticaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Strangely, just now it much have been reviewed a little more and then re-deemed non-duplicate from what I see.

I really appreciate the help from everyone who replied so far - you guys are FAST.

Titles have been changed and I will expand and elaborate more and continue that into the upcoming parts.

I am more than open to more suggestions and tips for these.

Thanks again guys and gals!

BTW, for those who have read them, does it paint a fairly decent picture? Is the message getting your minds a little more open to "filtering" when understanding premium auto care?

You can post a couple of links to your hubs in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum thread if you want criticism or critiquing. wink