jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Will Word 2003 continue to work with hubpages? Anyone know answer?

1. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

I guess it is getting a little archaic

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand what you mean. There is no way to upload word documents to hubpages that I know of?

brakel2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have done it forever. You just use the paste icon on the text capsule. Do you just type on the website?

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just type it into a hub. And the fact word "works" with Hubpages has nothing to do with compatibility.

You can copy and paste text or information from any location to any other location, either online or on your computer.

You get the same effect by pressing "Ctrl+C" to copy any highlighted text and then pressing "Ctrl+V" to paste it.

The value to me of typing it first is that you have a copy if anything shoul happen. Plus, you can make all your corrections before uploading. I know that a lot of people type right on the hub, so I guess it is a matter of choice. Thank you for the answer that I needed about my old Word 2003. When I got an email recently with an attachment from Word, it needed a compatibility download as it was a newer version of Word. So I was just wondering.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image85
              EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When it comes to creating hubs, you've got absolutely nothing to worry about.

You could use any text editor, no matter how basic (e.g. Notepad), and you'd still be able to copy & paste into hub capsules using the CTRL-C and CTRL-V method that Wrylilt suggested.

I use a really archaic version of Word (Word 97) and I have no problems downloading files created using newer versions of Word, unless they're encrypted (they're those files with "docx" extensions rather than just plain "doc").

Thank you Felicity. Now I am relieved, and it makes my day to know that someone else has old versions of software. Once you get used to something, you hate to let go of the familiar aspect of it. Have a good day to both you and Wrylilt for answering my question.

2. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 6 years ago

I send translations to my clients in Word, using Word 2000, and there has never been a problem.

Writing a Hub first in Word is a waste of time now that Hub editing capsules have a spell checker and all the other features you need to write good Hubs.

If you want to keep a copy for your own files, just copy and paste from your Hub - it's much quicker.

My typing is self taught, and I wish I could type in the hub real fast and make a copy. But thanks and someday maybe i can do it.

working