jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Help for the beginners

1. daywriter profile image61
    daywriterposted 5 years ago

More members would gladly write their hubs. As for me  I tried to start a hub minutes ago -  oops! it was denied!
    I did not get the reason why. It was on .

1. webguyonline profile image59
      webguyonlineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i think that there's an error while building your first hub, possible things are (1) your IP address is blacklisted or hub pages won't accept creating new hubs using that IP and the other one is (2) your content is not original.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

Your account was opened 11 months ago, but you've never published anything, which is strange.

I have no clue why you would be denied publishing a hub, but since you haven't clarified what the hub was on, then no one within the community of hubbers can help you.

If you start a hub, by clicking on "start a new hub", then enter a title, which will also be the URL to find the writing, then complete the process, it should bring to you an editing function where you can insert your writing.

I would highly suggest reading the FAQ's page and spending some time inside the Learning Center Hubpages Staff has nicely arranged for new hubbers.

Other than that- I hope you enjoy your time here. smile

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

You'll want to read this to get up to speed quickly on the rules for this site, http://hubpages.com/faq/

To get deeper info and more help, you'll like this,

1. 60
      easydiyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've got the same problem. Rule violation or blacklisted ip address,

My content is about how to install grab bars in a bathroom, and the content is original.

Regarding my ip address, my daughter who is a bit of a nerd, told me to reset my ADSL router, because it can sometimes pick up a spammer's ip address if my computer is under attack. I tried that and registered a new account, but it didn't make any difference.

I deleted the original article and tried another topic--no go! I then rewrote the grab bar copy and deleted reference to a commercial mounting system. Still no luck.

I have over 200 articles published via Demand Studios, so I know the layout and grammar is up to scratch, so it can't be that.   

Another thing, I live in South Africa, and obviously have a South African ip address. Is South Africa a banned country and is this this why I've been blacklisted?

Last question, I promise: If South African writers are accepted by Hub Pages, is there any way that I can get a new ip address? What if I upgrade my mother board? Will that make a difference?

I tried sending a query email, but the powers that be haven't taken any notice.

Pleas help--I'm desperate!

p.s. my user name is "easydiy."

1. lrohner profile image85
        lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm more curious as to how you got accepted by Demand Studios. They only accept writers from the US, UK and Canada. Hmmm.....

1. 60

I'm a UK citizen recently moved to South Africa.

4. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Perhaps someone who previously used your ip address was banned. Write to team@hubpages.com for clarification and help. It's the weekend though, so don't expect a response right away.

1. 60

Roger that, and thanks, Izzy.

roger that