jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Suggestions for a new Hubber?

1. Mathieu11 profile image60
    Mathieu11posted 5 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm really excited to join the HubPages community, and have built my first hub on a topic that is very important to my family, montessori education in the home:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Montessori-Toys … -your-Home

It looks like there's a lot here and I would love to get some suggestions from experienced hubbers on how I can improve the hub.

Thank you!

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I saw this hub last night on the Hub feed and read it and rated it up. I think it's a great first hub! It's not too long and yet long enough to introduce your topic to someone looking for these toys or interested in the difference with the Montessori toys.

I only have a few suggestions. You can move the picture to the right and it won't take up as much room. And google will have room to place ads.

I would probably have the book you offer in a capsule underneath the Learning at Home pic with the title of the book as a heading for the capsule.

I like how you placed the toys in categories. If you want you could make each category its own capsule and place the corresponding Amazon products next to the text capsules. Also, be sure to title your Amazon capsules as this can benefit viewers using specific search terms, like, Buy Montessori puzzles here, or something similar.

great job!! very impressive first hub! Enjoy HP.

1. Julie2 profile image79
      Julie2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

rebekahELLE, that is some great advice. I have to look into my own hubs to see if I can make them look better too. That was really nice of you to share with Mathieu.

3. kschang profile image90
    kschangposted 5 years ago

My main problem with the hub is it doesn't start with an introduction of what exactly the Montessori Method is. Instead, it moves straight onto "why is it important to you". In fact, the first capsule title is "what is the Montessori Method", but offered no explanation.

Also, what exactly is the intent for the hub? Are you classifying the toys? or are you offering some sort of a buying guide?

What sort of ages are suitable for Montessori method? What sort of toys are suitable for each stage of childhood?