jump to last post 1-34 of 34 discussions (46 posts)

What did you get for Valentine's Day?

1. RKHenry profile image80
    RKHenryposted 5 years ago

I didn't get a damn thing.  You?

1. Iontach profile image89
      Iontachposted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Assorted truffles.

3. 0
      ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i didn't get a thing, I was so disappointed! sad

2. 0
    Neville Walkposted 5 years ago

I had the postman complaining about all the sacks of mail he has to post through my letterbox every Valentine's Day. Of course, I live in a fantasy world.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I came home to a blocked kitchen sink and water pouring onto the floor, that was my Valentine's Day gift...

4. Mikel G Roberts profile image89
    Mikel G Robertsposted 5 years ago

I was told by the most beautiful girl in the world that she loves me...

Aren't daughters great?

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know you but I love you. Daughters rock.

5. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

I bought myself and my daughter two dozen assorted roses and had them delivered to my office on Friday so that I could bring them home over the weekend to share with her.   

On the card I wrote:

To us, from us.....simply because we deserve it.

We both have men in our lives that see Valentine's Day as a waste of time and money.

Who needs men, anyhow? smile

6. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago

I spent the day with my daughter shopping, both of us wearing red shirts, the shirts not planned between the two of us...my daughter's comment about the happenstance of red shirts today was something sucky about Hallmark holiday inventions...then we called my mother and had a nice chat (Mom loves Valentine's Day).

What I got today was a happy day with my kid and mom, and that's enough.

My friend Trish got roses and chocolates from a guy. *sigh*

7. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Many people wishing me a Happy Valentine's Day even though I'm single. Made for a good day regardless. smile

8. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I got to walk with my best friend as she walked her two doggies here in Orlando. Nice sunny day out. smile

9. trish1048 profile image80
    trish1048posted 5 years ago

I'm the Trish Sally's Trove mentioned.

I received a call from a very sweet man who asked me what I was doing.  I said nothing, was heading home.  He said call me when you get there.  I did.

About 45 minutes later there was a knock at my door, and there he stood, with a dozen red roses and a box of chocolate covered strawberries. 

I was literally blown away, as it was not something I ever expected.  I don't know what I did, but I must be doing something right smile

I am still sitting here breathless smile

1. KCC Big Country profile image82
      KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congrats!  Sounds like some sizzling romance!

1. trish1048 profile image80
        trish1048posted 5 years ago in reply to this

oh KCC, it sizzles alright LOL,,,,gotta keep the fires burnin smile

10. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

My daughter gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, and I got several hugs and kisses from the grandbabies. Life is sweet... smile

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is the sweetest. Several years ago the women in my family decided to celebrate Valentine's Day together. We go out to lunch, bring little gifts and cards, and affirm how we feel about each other. No romance, only love.

11. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 5 years ago

I got rain!

12. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

Little candies and cards from my students smile

Also a couple gift cards - one for Starbucks = YUM!

13. Beth100 profile image84
    Beth100posted 5 years ago

A snow storm!  It's still coming down those little flecks of lace... well, actually blowing across horizontally. smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Beth, snow storm, oh and you are wearing those.

Somebody sent flowers (secret admirer it said), now I am puzzled, someone delivered it from roses and diamonds e store. He should come forward, and another one a teddy bear, big one. I am too old for it, but I gave it to my daughter.

1. Beth100 profile image84
        Beth100posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh, how sweet!!! I haven't had a surprise like that in years!!!  Maybe I should dish this bikini out fit and put on something less, er, with more on it???  Maybe it would help???

You're sooo lucky... and your daughter too!  Does she like the bear??

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
          prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe the next time he will show up and let me know who he is, just to say thank you. I am super shy in person, I might freeze LOL

My daughter, she is 3, she likes it because of the color perhaps red.

Nah, you're ok Beth,  I think you are just busier these days that is why.

14. Bexz profile image59
    Bexzposted 5 years ago

Hugs and kisses from my hubby...no flowers though wink

15. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

I got rain, too! Was so afraid spring was here to stay -- but it's gonna rain all week! That makes it cool enough to have a fire in the fireplace!

My hubby is a real romantic. He made me coffee in bed this morning. Is cooking me lamb shanks and polenta for dinner (OMG --YUM!) He did the traditional red roses (red are not my favorite, but they are for romance). No sooner did I get them in the vase then my crazy cat Jimmy started gnawing on them. He has a fixation with flowers and paper.

Even better, hubby and I brought over flowers, chocolates, cards and scented candles for my mother-in-law and her caregiver. Love is meant to be spread smile!

16. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I got a heart-shaped box of chocolates and a pretty card. I made him pancakes with strawberries-- the pancakes were supposed to be heart-shaped.-- but some of them looked like the continent of South America.

17. 60
    flowerpatch12posted 5 years ago

it is good if you got heart-shaped box of chocolates..and it is also nice if you got a blooming beautiful flowers

18. TinaTango profile image80
    TinaTangoposted 5 years ago

i bought myself a pot of pink tulips!

19. DIYweddingplanner profile image91
    DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago

I got absolutely nothing.  I know, shocking, isn't it? But I spent close to $100 on others.  Go figure...

20. theseus profile image71
    theseusposted 5 years ago

I got...nothing except ice cream which I have bought for myself so as to boost my self-esteem..sad

21. PrettyPanther profile image86
    PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago

Half a day in bed with my sexy husband, then the afternoon out in the sunshine working on fencing the pasture and giving my goats a good scratch, followed by a movie out with hubby.  A wonderful day!

22. Dale Nelson profile image29
    Dale Nelsonposted 5 years ago

We got ourselves a weekend away for this weekend cos of the Monday thing.

Awesome. No cooking, start of Super 15 Rugby and World Cup Cricket and of course no driving anywhere....beach resort.

23. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago

I got exactly the same as last year

24. Anath profile image72
    Anathposted 5 years ago

I had a laugh with the flower delivery man... he kept bringing out of his van diferent flower arrangements... from different people!!!  It looked more like deliverying flowers to a wedding party (or a funeral) than a Valentine's delivery

25. 0
    mtsi1098posted 5 years ago

a nice quiet dinner with the spouse...we sat in a corner of our favorite restaurants and had laughs and a great meal

26. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Absolutely nothing - lonely and unloved! Sob, sob, sob!

But it was a nice sunny Monday and I wrote a Hub smile!

27. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

I got my daughter home after a week away.

I got my frog mobile home after a week away. The two were mutually exclusive events smile

Then we had dinner, with Simões, whereby I yapped all the way through about nothing in particular - then I gave both a chocolate bunny (turns out it was an Easter related thing but anyway) and I told them they were both gorgeous and my Valentines.

Then Abbie spoiled it by saying - "yes but can I be your best Valentine?" lol

28. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

I was Really Lucky smile

I Got an absolute...

An Absolutely Powerful.... and

Pounding!!!! yikes

Damn Headjake! sad

But... Hey...

You Have To Love...

Them just the same as... 

The ones that they say...

could make you wet.....

From Dribbling! big_smile

29. 0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 5 years ago

I got home made cards from my kids. One was from my 13 year old, with a coupon for one free hug. The fine print says "It is not redeemable at Wal-mart or school". HAHAHAA
    I made us all BBQ ribs, tossed salad, baked potatoes and chocolate chiffon cake with chocolate butter cream icing to celebrate and after dinner hubby told me he had found fireworks in the tire corral at one of his stops and the manager said he could keep them. SO, I also got fireworks for Valentine's day. It wasn't on purpose really, but super cool just the same.

30. Randy Behavior profile image79
    Randy Behaviorposted 5 years ago

The traditional gift: Converse Tennies smile

31. sagebrush_mama profile image80
    sagebrush_mamaposted 5 years ago

An MRI...LOL!  And lunch with my hubby, afterward!

32. Midnight Oil profile image91
    Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago

Lets just say both my wife & I went work today with huge smiles on our faces... Massive wink Wink !

33. Bellamie profile image60
    Bellamieposted 5 years ago

lovely 6 x 5 valentines day card......

beautiful dozen of long stem red roses.....

yummy new york steak dinner with the fixins.....

fantastic 10 minute back massage.....

yup!  THAT, TOO!  :-)

1. emievil profile image84
      emievilposted 5 years ago

Just ice cream, which I bought for myself and my staff. Nothing from my hubby, we don't really celebrate valentine's day. smile

1. Bellamie profile image60
        Bellamieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

bummers, emievil!

1. testboss profile image60
          testbossposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think its bumb