Forecasting Earnings and Crunching HP Data

1. GarfieldGates profile image85
    GarfieldGatesposted 5 years ago

So, thanks to a Statistics course I took in my freshman year of university and an Operations Management course I took last year I have been applying certain mathematical models to my hubpages data.

One of the things I have been doing is compiling daily earning data for the past two years and using it to forecast earnings in the future.  So far, things have been coming out fairly accurately.  (I still have to implement a function to account for recently published hubs...)

I was wondering if anyone else here forecasts their earnings or other stats, and what other data crunching people are doing with their hubpages stats? 

(*Looks at Nelle Hoxie*...haha)

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

I don't really forecast as look at the health of today.

First of all I want to see growth every month. So I just look at did i beat last month. (In the case of January, I go back to October.) And did say January 2011 beat January 2010.

Then I plot daily earnings and want to see this line increasing. I don't just include HP. It's all websites, blogs and hubs that I own. Looking at that daily total, keeps me from saying things like, It'll be better tomorrow!

I have found that if my June earnings are ahead of the previous December, then I'll have a great next December. While I don't think it's fair to compare say January 2011 to December 2010, it is fair to compare June 2011 to December 2010. Because in those six months I've added a ton of new content. In my mind it means that I'm picking up the new sales trends accurately, and should have a great Christmas season in say December 2011.

That's as far out as I go. I try not to spend a lot of time analyzing stuff. As long as everything is increasing nicely, I just keep writing content.

3. Mikeydoes profile image78
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

I usually just use adsense and analytics and check out a few numbers.

I don't a model could have expected an increase like I've been getting. I certainly didn't. My earnings have increased significantly, not to mention. This increase has came from hubs already made, as I have not made an impact with any of my few new hubs.