jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Jeopardy IBM Challenge.

1. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 6 years ago

Anyone been watching the Jeopardy IBM challenge. My opinion it's all a joke. You can clearly see that Ken Jennings and the other guy know many of the answers,but they have Watson (the computer ) patched into the system some how to get an instant button push to be able to be the one to answer. Without allowing some kind of variable in it to match a natural humans response time for beeping in to answer then in my opinion it's all a farce and will be a meaningless exhibition of the computer.

I mean come on as soon as Alex finished reading the question there was barely even a fraction of a second  pause before he was calling on Watson to answer.

1. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's not a farce. The IBM guys are rather proud of this.

1. profile image0
        BenjaminBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Proud of the fact that they give no chance to the humans to push the button to give an answer. Sure the programming is incredible,yadee dadee da,but if your going to allow the computer to chime in instantly it's no competition in my opinion and tainted. Like I said above without some kind of variable making it's reaction time to chime in similar to a humans then it is a farce!!!

1. Pcunix profile image88
          Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I disagree, because it is all too easy for it to get confused.

But slowing it down might make the humans happier.

working