jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Google Analytics Problem

1. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I had integrated my adsense account with my Google Analytics. It was working fine and I was able to track my clicks from hubpages to know how and which of my hubs are performing. Today I am unable to track 2 of my clicks. I don't know which hubs they came from. Can anyone explain what might be the problem.

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The most likely reason is clicks on the hubs of your referrals. If you haven't got any referrals then I don't know tongue

2. sid_candid profile image60

I have got 2 referrals with zero published hubs.

3. sid_candid profile image60

I don't know what is going on with Analytics. Yesterday I could not track 2 of my clicks from hubpages. Today adsense says I had 9 clicks from hubpages but analytics says I had 4 clicks but the earning is more in Analytics. Don't know whats going on? Anyone can help me know more on this.

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Sid, I see this all the time, and what really irritates me is that it tends to be the high $ clicks (or so it seems big_smile ).  They are the ones I'm really interested in!sad

I put it down to someone clicking that doesn't allow cookies, but I really don't know that to be true.  I would guess that between 10 and 20% of my clicks aren't traceable by analytics.

I don't recall seeing more money in analytics but very very seldom - when that happens I figure that adsense has disallowed it but analytics didn't get the word yet.  I don't know that to be true either, though.  When it does happen I can often tell which click it was by finding the difference between the two and looking at individual click values, but that information isn't worth much.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me too!  Not knowing where a $9.00+ click comes from tends to make me irritable.  I wonder why the big clicks are usually the ones without a source listed.  smile

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, actually I doubt that it is primarily the big clicks that we're missing.  It just seems that way because they are the ones we want to see!  I don't really care where a $0.10 click originated.

I might add that if those unknown $9 clicks bother you too much, you might send them my way....no one wants an irritable snake. big_smile

working