jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Am I moving in the right direction?

1. speedbird profile image65
    speedbirdposted 5 years ago

Hello Hubbers! I signed up for hubpages like 2 years ago but it is only recently that I have become active. I really need to start making some passive income here on hub pages, right now I have like 15 hubs but according to me this one stands out;

http://hubpages.com/hub/Does-Smoking-He … ing-Weight

Could anyone critique this hub and let me know if am moving in the right direction, any suggestion will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance

1. Mikeydoes profile image78
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The most important thing you can do is find keywords. Keywords are what get you views, and it seems like "does smoking help in loosing weight" will not get many searches. You mispelled "losing"

"does smoking help you lose weight"
      "lose weight smoking"
      for instance are keywords you would want to use.

This can easily get you some traffic. Also take Ironher's advice in that you should add more words to the first text capsule. Along with her advice about the pictures.

1. speedbird profile image65
        speedbirdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Mikey for your input, I really appreciate

1. Mikeydoes profile image78
          Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

any time smile

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

This is the first time I've said "Welcome" to someone who's been here for two years! smile

I do have a little bit of input on that hub.

At least for the folks in the US, that first section is going to put them off entirely. I think I know what you were trying to say, but actually putting in words that smoking can help you lose weight is not a good thing. Smoking is looked down upon by the masses here in the US. I know that we reach an international audience, but I would imagine the US/UK/Canada will be your biggest audience, and I don't know if that will fly with them.

You need to lengthen your first text capsule. Once it's long enough (100 to 200 words usually), you'll see a large AdSense ad show up to the right of it. That's one of the most prime ad placements on the page and you do want that to appear.

I like it when hubs are broken up by images and other capsules, but at times I think yours went a little too far and it became "busy."

And just watch your spelling, punctuation and grammar. If you need someone to look it over for those things, there are a lot of helpful hubbers here that will do it.

Again, good job and welcome! smile

3. speedbird profile image65
    speedbirdposted 5 years ago

Thanks irohner for your comments, I will edit the hub again and make sure I incorporate your suggestions