Adding Amazon to Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (24 posts)
  1. catgypsy profile image72
    catgypsyposted 13 years ago

Hi! I just got signed up with Amazon and was wondering if I can go back to my Hubs and add that in? Also where it says "capsule subtitle" what does that mean and what do I put in there? Where is the best place to postion the Amazon capsule?

Thanks for answering what may seem like moronic questions!
    Sheila

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

You can add Amazon capsules anytime by editing the hub. The subtitle is optional, it works like a Level 2 headline. Place the capsules visibly without disturbing the reading experience, use the arrow on the Amazon capsule to align it on the right  alongside text.

3. Ign Andy profile image56
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

Hi, just like WE said, you can edit all your hubs anytime you want and add/delete a capsule anywhere you want. There is no limitation in this case.

4. Eleanor's Words profile image95
    Eleanor's Wordsposted 13 years ago

I don't always put anything in the capsule subtitle, because I put the title in the text capsule to the left instead if I'm writing about a product.

In my opinion it is better to enter specific items from amazon rather than using the keyword search, as general keyword items can change and become less specific without you knowing.

1. brandonhart100 profile image75
      brandonhart100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a limit of 10 per capsule.  I've noticed that lining up a text capsule next to the amazon capsule and writing enough to go just beyond that Amazon capsule is very effective. 

Specific items are the only way to go for Amazon. 

Also, I'm not sure I'd suggest going back and adding Amazon capsules to your hubs randomly unless your hubs are product specific.  You are better off with more Adsense ads as the click/buy ratio for non-product related hubs is very low.

1. catgypsy profile image72
        catgypsyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info. So I can add 10 amazon products per hub, in addition to the Adsense ads? Sorry, I have to ask exact questions!  Thanks for the tip about adding Amazon to hubs that aren't product specific...that makes sense!
        Sheila

1. Eleanor's Words profile image95
          Eleanor's Wordsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, you can have 10 products on a capsule, but as many capsules as you like - I sometimes have 2 capsules side by side, so products are displayed in two columns. Although I don't often have that many, you can if you like.

5. catgypsy profile image72

Thanks Elanor for the advice. I'm going to go try it now.
    Sheila

6. catgypsy profile image72

OK,I added my Amazon ads. One more stupid question...it has a drop down maximum listing.  How many ads can I put on there?  Is there a limit?

Thanks again,
    Sheila

7. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

There are no restrictions on the amount of Amazon capsules, where you'll be sharing the page impression with HubPages. Only two textual Amazon affiliate links are allowed in each hub.

1. tonymac04 profile image71
      tonymac04posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I feel very ignorant about all this stuff - what are "textual Amazon affiliate links"? Are they good to add to a Hub?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fair enough. They are links where you get a product link containing the affiliate code from Amazon's website, and then create a regular hyperlink within the text of your article. Placed strategically, I could see that making sense as a supplement to the capsules. Besides, you get all revenue from sales through such links, not just 60% of the page impressions.

1. tonymac04 profile image71
          tonymac04posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Useful to know.

8. Trish_M profile image79
    Trish_Mposted 13 years ago

Hi smile

I just tried adding a couple of direct links, to two Amazon items, on one of my hubs.

I immediately received a warning at the top ~ and I had to remove both of them.

Is this what you are referring to? I'm still ignorant on such matters, so I am a bit confused.

Thanks smile

1. profile image0

Sorry about that. You are supposed to be allowed two affiliate links to the same domain per hub. I don't know what other links you have. Don't particularly understanding the warning. I will be following this thread, something to learn from. I do not use these links personally. Maybe someone who does will come along.

9. Trish_M profile image79

I think that I have worked it out ~ it's because I had already added rss feeds to Amazon smile

1. profile image0

Thanks, then it all makes sense.

10. Trish_M profile image79

Yes smile

Sorry, Website Examiner, to cause confusion smile

11. Doc Wordinger profile image92
    Doc Wordingerposted 13 years ago

Hi,

Hope I'm not hi-jacking your thread but I have a question about Amazon and I think it would be suitable for this thread.

Is it true that Google penalises pages for having too many Amazon products on display? And if so, what do people think is the acceptable limit? I assume it would be so many products per 1000 words rather than an exact figure. I've placed 22 Amazon products in one of my hubs which I'm starting to think is very excessive. It's not even a sales hub.

Thanks.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I haven't heard of such a rule. Of course it's important that you make your hubs have enough other content to keep it even and maintain a reader's interest. I recommend at least 400 words and some photos/videos.

I think the most Amazon items I have on a sales hubs is probably about 15.

1. Doc Wordinger profile image92
        Doc Wordingerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi WryLilt, thanks for the advice. I read about Google penalising too many Amazon ads fairly recently but I can't remember where. It may have been in a hub or it might have been somewhere less reliable. Does anyone else know anything about this?

The penalty you speak of has more to do with too many outbound links than anything else.  The good part of it is that sites like HP mark Amazon hubs nofollow.  Other sites and competitors of HP that use Amazon capsules but don't mark them nofollow make it very difficult for their writers to get to the first page of the SEP. 

All of this applies to your own site as well wink.

I need to correct my first sentence... too many outbound dofollow links..

1. Doc Wordinger profile image92
              Doc Wordingerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Many thanks for clearing this up Brandon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)