jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Anyone get their updated Google rankings?

1. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

My profile on Hubpages is ranked a 3, up from 0.  My other sites run from 0 for the newer ones to  3 for my Wordpress blog, mostly 2's, but hey, that's better than all 0's and one 1 last time around!

My secret? I've been doing lots of updating and some link trading with more established sites.  Hopefully, next time around, I'll have a 4 in ther somewhere.  That's like the lynchpin for a lot of sites where I would like to write, but they won't let you unless your site has a 4 PR from Google.

You can get your ranking free here:
    http://rankwhere.com/google-page-rank.p … ing=y3squn

1. hassam profile image82
      hassamposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I also saw an increase in PR to some of my hubs,but my profile PR has dropped to zero. But there are questions in my mind, like why is PR considered so important? and does a page's PR depend  on the time since it was published?.

1. 0
        daflaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

PR is a measure Google makes of where you site fits in the overall scheme of similar sites.  It's measured by a lot of factors, backlinks and page views being seemingly the two most important.  It's updated every so often, whenever they feel like it, and they don't let you know when that is.  Lately, a lot of people's sites were dropped to 0, but they came back up quickly.  It seems like they update about once a month.

It's not unusual for one page of your site (or one hub) to have a higher page rank then the landing page (profile).  I used to have a 0 for my profile, but my frugalities hub was a 3.  Now my profile is 3, and the frugalities hub is a 2.

1. seohowto profile image62
          seohowtoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well done! Congrats!

2. hassam profile image82
          hassamposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the explanation

2. gamergirl profile image62
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

My profile is now a PR4, my US Navy Boot Camp hub is a PR3, as well as a couple others - lots of PR2s, too. big_smile  I'm excited about that, even though I'm not 100% sure what it does for me.  hehe

3. Tater2tot profile image60
    Tater2totposted 8 years ago

My profile is still a 0.

but my Metro Station related to Miley Cyrus hub is a 3.
    My Panic! At The Disco hub is a 1.
    My Love At First site is a 1.
    My Best Movie Endings Ever hub is a 2.
    My Inviting Celebrities to my House hub is 2.

And the rest are n/a. sad But I am happy I got a 3 on Metro Station related to Miley Cyrus. That is cool.

Congrats on your scores. That rocks. I will have to steal that secret of yours, dafla. big_smile