jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Permission to republish article

1. alexadry profile image93
    alexadryposted 5 years ago

I have a person who is building a website interested in republishing one (or more) of my articles on her website. She will give me credit by putting my name, however, I do not feel comfortable in granting permission since I know that the more of my articles are published the more it will be frowned by Google as it becomes ''duplicate'' content.

Does hubpages have any rules to follow? If yes, where do I find them? My other publishing company for instance, only allows webmasters to post the first 50 words of an article followed by a link ''read more'' that brings to the original article.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

This person wants to use your work to make money, and you're considering allowing them to do it for free?

1. alexadry profile image93
      alexadryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well actually, I am not considering them doing it for free..I am thinking how to turn it around for my benefit. The 50 word with link option at the end should actually increase traffic should her website become popular since the first 50 words act as a teaser. But was wondering if hubpages has any rules on this to follow or better ideas....

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If it's just a "teaser" with a link, then it's fine - and yes, you will get a backlink out of it, so it will benefit you.

Even better if she'll let you write a new 50 word intro for each Hub, but she may want to use the RSS feed.