jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Articles Vanishing From Google

1. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 6 years ago

In the past week or so I have published a few hubs on a certain subject.  They made it onto google and started picking up some organic traffic.  The last few days they have had no traffic though.  So I checked how they were doing on Google.  Out of the five hubs only two are there.  So where have the other hubs gone?  I thought when a hub got listen on Google it kinda stayed there.  Is this wrong, can they un-index it?  What would there reason for this be?

andyozposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok now I'm really upset.  All 5 of my articles have vanished from Google.  What is going on??

1. frogdropping profile image85
        frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They'll reappear, don't worry. They usually get a little love when newly published. Keep writing, it's not a sign that spells impending doom.

When they show up again leave them be a bit, see how they do as is. If you want them better placed, add a bit more text (a [i]bit[i] is enough), you can interlink them with like-minded hubs you may have, add a few back-links to support them.

Don't panic smile

They are already interlinked, this 5 new hubs were all in a new niche I was giving a try.  So for all 5 of them to vanish seems weird.  Must admit I am panicking a little bit, haha.

1. profile image0
            Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pick another niche that is in no way related to the first and write another 5 hubs and see how it goes. Some do better than others.

2. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

When articles are first published, they get a bump from Google.  Then, after a few days, they are pretty much on their own, while the author hopes they are starting to get some organic traffic.  Or the author can find some ways to publicize the articles to help them get noticed.

There are numerous forum threads about this.  Do a little research, and you will see that you are not the only one this has happened to.  Welcome to the wonderful world of online writing!  smile

Thanks for the reply.  It's not that the articles have dropped down, it's simply that they are not there.  I no how to find one of my articles on Google, so for it to be indexed one day then not the next is quite a concern.

working