jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Going Viral

1. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 5 years ago

I have heard talk of the prospect of a hub 'going viral'.  Meaning someone spots it, posts a link to it or posts it on a social media site, then it suddenly gets massive views. 

Well I think it may be happening to one of my hubs.  It has been averaging about 100 views a day and that has been slowly dropping.  However in the last few hours it has shot up to 500 views, it's going up at 150 an hour.  Have checked the stats and most of the views are from Twitter.  A few are from other websites that I have never heard of.  Not quite sure why I'm suddenly getting all this traffic, but it's a nice surprise.

Anyone else had anything similar happen?

1. CASE1WORKER profile image84
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes..i got something picked up by a cricket site, twice ...went up 400 in two hours then....... but with twitter yours might carry on for a bit longer. Just enjoy and hope that a few click

2. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have had a hub consistently get 1000 views. I don't think it went viral since it was videogame related. However, most of my hubs that have gotten 500+ views/daily did not seem like ones that would ever attain that much.

andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is video game related!!  I can't understand why this one has suddenly got all the views.

2. ns1209 profile image36
    ns1209posted 5 years ago

Yes, a couple of times and I love it though it does not necessarily  always mean money! Just enjoy it while you can! smile

Yeah well I've heard social network traffic is not always great, but at least it looks good in my stats.  I looked at a few of the websites where I'm getting traffic from.  One is a German football site, has nothing to do with my hub, very weird.

3. Midnight Oil profile image91
    Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago

I had three of mine do that - it was like a shooting star.... Very brief but very profitable. 

Although, it was a bit strange as the subjects that went viral confused me, as it was the least expected ones...

Hubs on Kate's royal wedding dress and Myths of a Vasectomy are not the greatest subjects in the world, but thanks for those who all too briefly dropped in for a look.

All I can say is enjoy it while you can....

Yeah I don't expect it to last, upto 640 views now smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I remember this story from a post awhile back.

Someone wrote a hub about President Obama’s dog.

Well, the dog had a birthday party.

And, yep. The hub traffic went through the roof.

Do a news search. Who knows?  smile

5. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

One of my Hubs was somehow a part of a Facebook related spam/viral kinda thing and my hits jumped insanely...

hits, but not clicks, and the bounce rate was near 100%