jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Public Google Service Ads

1. mastershops profile image59
    mastershopsposted 5 years ago

I made a page about 8 hours ago and the only ads appearing on my page are public service google ads that have nothing to do with my topic. My page is about NCAA Big 10 conference college sports t-shirts. I have other similar pages and there is definitely no shortage of adsense ads.

There is also a big block of white space in my text where it looks like it's a space where a square adsense banner would normally go. I can't get the block of white space to disappear from one of my text modules. I have even totally deleted the problem module and replaced it with another. Does anybody know what might be wrong? My tags and keywords are all about the college sports teams in that conference. I'm not sure what I may have did wrong.

Thanks for any help.

1. ThomasE profile image81
      ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It can take up to 24 hours for adsense to send its crawlers to your site, and so I wouldn't worry. Until 48 hours you might get the wrong adverts, or no adverts.

Adsense will sort itself out without you having to do anything.

2. Pandoras Box profile image83
      Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like the wrap problem that's been occurring lately, the white space part, that is. If so, you can't fix it, no matter how much time you waste trying. It will either automatically fix itself, or HP will notice your forum post and fix it for you, i'm not sure which.

But yeh, don't waste your time trying to fix it. I would say whenever you notice it, post it in the report a problem forum, and move on. Whatever's causing the glitch, perhaps a browser problem as has been previously suggested, HP is working on it I reckon.

As for the public service ads, I'd give it a day or so for google
      to match it up better.

3. brakel2 profile image87
      brakel2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I remember on one of my hubs that it took forever for ads to be associated to my hub. I think some of them were ads that I objected to. I went to Google and ckecked that I did not want that category of ads. Finally, appropriate ads were put there, but it took about two weeks. Don't give up.

2. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

I looked at it, looks like a hubs/YB error, not an adsense issue

the problem area is:

"<div id="mod_new6" class="module moduleAdSpot color0">"

Whenever you have a specific issue to your account its actually best to contact  team (at) hubpages.com and let them know rather than wait for a moderator to possibly stumble on your forum post.

Nothing wrong with posting here, but you should additionally let hem know via email for a quicker response.

3. mdlawyer profile image61
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

Yes. Contacting Hubpages directly is the sensible course.