jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

I've made my first penny!

1. essiheart profile image78
    essiheartposted 5 years ago

Haha, but no really, I'm not doing anything wrong, am I? A penny in about 15 days? Any suggestions? I can be patient, money isn't my main concern but I'd love to know if there's any way to increase that to maybe two pennies? wink I know that traffic is one of the biggest contributions, and I have a total of 406 views for 15 hubs I have published in the last 16 days or so. Is that low or average?
    Sorry for all the questions, I'm still a newcomer smile

1. shogan profile image87
      shoganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's absolutely fine, essiheart.  It's normal, and a good sign, yes?  smile
      You increase it to two pennies by writing more and waiting.

2. Mikeydoes profile image81
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

There is soo much to learn.

If an experienced hubber were to make 15 hubs, I am sure there would be more than $0.01 made. But that is because they have been around the block and they know what they are doing.

Do not worry about the money at all, what you have to do is keep trying and seeing what works. Thats all I did. In two weeks I was in your same boat.

My recommendation is to keep asking questions and keep learning.. Do not give up, because Hubpages can easily pay the bills in due time.

Also I am not sure if you have done this or not. But if you go to the extreme hub makeover forum, and post a hub or two there, members will gladly help you and point you in the right direction.

Good luck!!

3. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

It will add up! It takes a while for hubs to index on Google and to get more organic traffic. Two weeks is still really early in the game. Congrats on the first penny, and may that translate into dollars soon!

4. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago

I felt the same way at first.  I really expected to make more, but as I soon realized by looking at what others were doing, and what it took to get more traffic reading my stuff, that were not from hubpages, that is the first thing you must look at.  They do not pay for the hubpages traffic.  It is the views from other places and searches that count only.  For that to happen you have to get the google worm to visit your keywords and get you story on the first page or two of the directory.  That is where people will find it and view it from.  For example, if you write a story about dogs, and the title is "my dog was digging holes", you have to make sure that the keywords or tags you list include those words, and better yet you put the whole title listed exactly as it is.  That is how you get your work listed on the first page.  When someone wants to find out about how to get their dog to stop digging, they might put "dog digging" into the google search, which will pull up your story. Bingo, you will have that view.  This is the way to make money.  That and lots and lots of articles.

5. essiheart profile image78
    essiheartposted 5 years ago

Thanks so much for the replies. I know to keep my patience now smile Like I mentioned, I wasn't horribly concerned, more-so I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't making any dumb mistakes or anything. I have tried posting a few of my hubs in the "Hub Makeover" forum. I will definitely keep writing, as I am really enjoying Hubpages a lot! I think it's mainly because of the wonderful and talented people I'm finding on here... smile

1. Mikeydoes profile image81
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well if you would like to post one right now I can give you some tips. smile I got no problem throwing my two cents in.

essiheartposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Here's my most recent one, I published a couple hours ago.

http://hubpages.com/_2dlnxq2u6lpn/hub/E … rly-Spring

1. Mikeydoes profile image81
          Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I actually meant in the other forum, can't really do it here. smile It is a very informative hub and can do well. HOWEVER.

"emerging winter into early spring" Is your keyword, and after doing research I found out two things.

1.) If you type "emerging winter into early spring" in to Google you are first!

2.) That particular string of keywords gets little to NO searches.

You would have done yourself a much bigger favor if you were to use either of these keywords in your URL

Winter and depression
          depression in the winter

Your URL is very important.

Why did you throw a referral in your link? We are all hubbers here?

essiheartposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I see what you mean, and sorry for posting it here. I thought the referral was like a tracker? At least that's what I've been using it for..

6. Ellarose92 profile image59
    Ellarose92posted 5 years ago

Congrats!! And wow. I just learned some helpful tips!!