jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Need Professional Advice

1. xrocker30 profile image82
    xrocker30posted 5 years ago

Hello, I have recently joined hubpages and have published 9 hubs so far.  Some seem to have good key words or some how get listed in Google higher. But others of mine get less than 10 veiws a day and they are probably mostly by me. I'll let you pick what article you would like to evalute for me instead of me telling you what to pick. Here is my profile page: http://hubpages.com/profile/xrocker30

When replying please tell me what hub you evaluated and give me any advice necessary. Thanks

1. Mikeydoes profile image79
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You usually pick the hub. Do that and I'm sure you will get more responses.

xrocker30posted 5 years ago in reply to this

ok thanks for the tip. Now that I think about it I'm sure that will bring more responses. Its just that I would really likle to have all of my hubs reveiwed so should I post all the links here next time or one at a time?

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi, I had a quick look at How to write Original Content and 10 Ways to go Green.
      First off, you have put photos in the prime adsense spot, top right.
      So move them down.
      if someone opens your hub, then decides they don't want to read it after all, present them with a big juicy advert to tempt them to leave by clicking the ad rather than using the back button.
      The type of ad you carry is attracted by the keywords you use throughout the hub.
      If you see ads that have little to do with your content, then either the hub is less than (up to)48 hours old and the ads haven't quite settled down yet, or you simply haven't mentioned targeted keywords enough in the text.
      When writing hubs, your url and title are usually the same, with your targetted keywords in them. Give your page a boost by making sure the first sentence or two of the hub contains the same keywords, then continue to use them naturally throughout the text of the hub.
      You seem to have a very nice writing style and I'm sure that once you grasp the change in style you need to make when writing for search engines as opposed to writing in print, you will do very well.
      Key is keyword research, then write your hub around your chosen keywords.

xrocker30posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for the advice.  I really appreciate it.  I think you prove a good point about bringing the pictures down a bit so viewers will use an ad to get out instead of the back button.  I haven't completely grasped the keyword concept but beleive I'm moving in the right direction.  Thank you.