jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon Commission - Affiliate Settings

1. Trish_M profile image88
    Trish_Mposted 5 years ago

Hi smile

I am still learning about Hub Pages, and I am not very computer literate, so I would like some feedback about information provided on a hub I just read.

I enjoy writing and get a lot from Hub Pages, but I think that all writers appreciate earning something for their work. I tend to put relevant Amazon ads on my hubs.

I just read this:
    'Today 95% of Internet users set up security levels on their computers very high, so cookies just do not stay cached on their PCs. Clicks of their visit do stay tracked, but with very high security level on your reader´s PC, your tracking code and your sales just do not get registered. You actually do earn nothing, whenever somebody has too high security level set up ...'
    [ http://hubpages.com/hub/affiliate-progr … pro-contra ]

The writer had, apparently, researched this matter, but I would like to know the facts, for sure, with regard to this site ~ is it really true, for Hub Pages, that Amazon returns remain low, because most sales are not recorded on our affiliate codes?

Thanks smile

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

I understand what the hubber is saying re cookies but - I still make a decent amount of money via Amazon. I wouldn't avoid using the affiliation I have with Amazon based on a users level of protection. Maybe I don't enjoy the full benefits due to their anti-virus levels but still - I believe it's a worthwhile affiliation.

There are other hubbers that earn far more than I do with Amazon and I think they'd say the same. The internet is an ever-changing creature and we have to adapt with it. Ruling something out without properly researching it (yourself) is ruling yourself out of what can become a lucrative income source.

Were I you I'd continue to use Amazon. More people don't make money with it due to the way they write or format their hubs - IMO.

3. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

Listen to Frog, USE AMAZON!!!! It has made 300% more than adsense for me at this time.

4. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

Amazon is still a decent revenue stream. If it had a 30 day cookie I would probably be rich by now, as it happens it doesn't, so instead I make a half-decent income.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Amazon 30 day cookie......we can dream Ryan we can dream smile

5. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago

Trish, don't become overly concerned with all of this. There is more than one way to skin a cat on this here shin dig smile

6. Trish_M profile image88
    Trish_Mposted 5 years ago

Hi All smile

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to look at my question ~ and for providing your helpful replies smile