jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Deleting topics in the forum

1. petertheknight profile image82
    petertheknightposted 5 years ago

Is there a way to delete a topic that you create in the forums?

1. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can delete the OP anytime you choose, up to a certain amount of time. However, that will not delete the thread itself. But, if you would like you can email admin/staff and ask them to close a thread to reply.

2. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can. The only thing is that you only have a certain amount of time to do it.  Like if you start a forum category and as long as nobody else has posted a comment in it, then you can delete it the same day it was created, by simply pressing delete to your op.  unfortunately, if you wait longer than a day or if someone immediately posts a comment on it before you delete it, then you won't be able to.  sorry.  sure, after that, you can always do what cagsil suggested by asking the administrators/staff to shut down the forum, but that's the best you can do after that.

However, the best thing to do is to do what pearldriver said.  think before you post about anything.  after all, any category you make immediately shows up on google search.  trust me, i checked before.

1. petertheknight profile image82
        petertheknightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, then we have a problem because A LOT of people have been replying to these forums about my whole issues I am having right now.  I just feel like I need to delete or hide everything so I am going to unpublish some of the hubs even though they are getting a lot of traffic, I feel I am exposing myself a little too much and I think that is what makes these hubs so thought provoking...but I need to be careful even if I am under a secret writers' name.