jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

increasing traffic

1. nomesnose profile image60
    nomesnoseposted 5 years ago

best way to do this???

1. Trsmd profile image61
      Trsmdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

what? by seeing your profile pic.. looks like you are asking about eating something...!!!!

2. JustMike profile image44
      JustMikeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would say use the Google Keyword tool to tell you which words people are searching for. The difference can be huge just by changing a couple of words to end up higher in the rankings. But you've only been here a little while and it will come. Traffic will be up and down always but the more you put out there the more regular it will become. Also, if you write other places use links there to drive traffic to your articles here or the other way around. Also from your profile I see that you write screenplays, I haven't checked the numbers on that but I imagine there are a fair amount of searches on that topic write a hub or two about your experiences. Good Luck and it won't come easily but it will come if you keep putting time into it.

3. 0
      ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Traffic will soon come over time, you just join, it will take time and high quality hubs! smile

2. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Write high quality hubs and spend a good bit of time studying this:

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/  (the link is at the bottom or each forum page.

1. 0
      mtsi1098posted 5 years ago in reply to this

the only problem is no one defines what high quality means

1. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Primarily, hubs that give a lot of value to readers.  You will also need good keywords, good on page SEO, some photos, perhaps a video or news capsule.  Good use of English (grammar, spelling, etc.).  An visually appealing layout.

I suggest you read hubs by Darkside, and Sunforged.  There is a great deal of information about all of these subjects if you will but search for it on HubPages.

2. 0
        Shayla Ebsenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

High quality means you're writing something of value that other people want to read. It also means not writing crap designed only to make money but are instead constructing hubs that flow well and are grammatically correct. If you don't follow these basics, you don't deserve to make money writing and shouldn't be trying to call yourself a writer, it's that simple.

3. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

You've only been here a couple weeks.

A lot of this comes with time... and a lot of patience smile

Good luck.  You'll find your way if you keep working hard !

4. Midnight Oil profile image91
    Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago

Rome wasn't built in a day, neither is Hub traffic either - Patience. 

As with most things, you have to do your 'apprenticeship' first and learn what works and what doesn't by trail & error.

I have published over fifty Hubs in the last two months on a whole range of subjects from Kate Middleton's wedding dress right though to life stuff on the how the universe is talking to you.

I have been completely surprised by what people are interested in and what they are not.

What I have learned is that quality hubs are defiantly more desirable than quantity.  I need to take more time seeking out those hubs that will be of interest and useful to people.

Keep at it and never ever give up....

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ach... I just went for quantity!!