jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Moving articles from another site to HubPages

1. GAbaptist profile image84
    GAbaptistposted 5 years ago

I am starting to get some decent traffic here, so I am moving some of my articles from another site over to HP. The problem I am having is that my other articles are indexed by the search engines, and even though I have deleted the content from the other site, it is still showing as "duplicate content" here.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, will it hurt to go ahead and publish or should I wait until the article is de-indexed by the search engines? Any ideas on how long it takes a page to get de-indexed?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 5 years ago

How long have they been up for and have you already deleted them?

You could have written new content about the same subject and published it here, and linked to it from your old articles. They don't have to be published here for you to benefit from them, you could be benefiting from the SEO benefit of a link as well as traffic.

GAbaptistposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They have been up for a couple of years. I tweaked them with some different keywords and now I want to post them here because the exposure is better I think. I have already deleted them from the other site, I was just wanting to know how long before a deleted site is usually de-indexed.

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Which site were they on?

If they were there for a couple of years they probably had built organic backlinks and aged well in Google - bringing them over here will mean they have to start the whole process over again.

It really depends on the site - hubpages is crawled very regularly by Google (most of my hubs are indexed in 1-6 hours) while some lesser known sites only get crawled every 1-2 weeks.

The articles were on Bukisa. When I first joined Bukisa, I was making some decent revenue every month, but since they've changed their way of handling the revenue sharing, I have not seen a dime. Page views have gone way down too.

Bukisa's PR is much lower than HP, so I want to try putting the articles here instead.

1. LennyP profile image88
            LennyPposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps it would be best t o rewrite them differently enough so that they would not be considered duplicate content. Or you could just expand upon your original articles on hubpages interlinking them.

3. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I think they only take a few days to de-index from Google, so I wouldn't worry about the duplicate content sign. You can also email HP staff - team@hubpages.com - to take the duplicate warning off.
    Welcome to Hubpages smile

Thanks Izzy, I've sent an email to the staff. Hopefully I can get the duplicate taken off sot it won't cause by scores to start going down.