jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Bookmarking sites

1. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 6 years ago

Would anyone be willing to share the top 5 sites you for bookmarking to increase hub exposure?

2. WryLilt profile image85
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I personally don't bookmark. Here's why:

*Many bookmarking sites will ban domains for a limited amount of time if there are too many links. For instance if 300 members are placing hub links on there, it will be seen as spam.
    *Bookmarking sites are for promoting interesting things you find, not your own work. Promoting too much of your own work can lead to having your account banned.
    *Bookmarking links are usually nofollow which means they have no influence on your search engine ranks.
    *Bookmark traffic is low quality - very few people will click adverts or buy items on your hubs.
    *You only get high traffic for a day or two - real quality backlinks help you get more and more traffic over time. The chances of going viral on a bookmarking site are one in a million.

Many people would advocate using quality backlinks instead of bookmarking. I personally do not backlink OR bookmark. It's a personal choice but I'd rather write 100 hubs that do well in a year than 5 that I promote continuously and start earning well from in a month.

Peter Owenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thx Wry - so after you write a hub, do you do other things to try to get backlinks or just rely on the hub quality to do that?

1. WryLilt profile image85
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

On this account I probably have 30 or so backlinks floating around from experimentation. I have other accounts now which I use to write for money (this is my for fun account). On those accounts I write it and leave it - they have to fend for themselves.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

The only places I consistently backlink to are my own blog(s), Facebook and Twitter.

Thx. I am doing the same with some bookmaking experimentation such as Reddit and Red Gage

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I did Reddit before and never got much, same with Redgage.

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

I use:

Snipsly.com
    SheToldMe.com
    and now Excerptz.com which I own smile

She told Me - i actually had a problem in bookmarking there. They said all my hub bookmarks violated their rules but wouldn't state which rules. All I did was post the title link. Could it have something to do with other links in the hubs? Did you have any problems there?

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you write 50 words?

As long as:

a) your link hasn't been shared on the site already

or

b) you have written a minimum of 50 words

I think it is pretty fail safe smile

5. Ign Andy profile image61
    Ign Andyposted 6 years ago

I use:
    - Flokd.com
    - Diigo.com
    - Jumptags.com

You'll have some backlinks from these sites, however I don't know the quality of these backlinks.
    Note: mix the content of your bookmarks.

6. TerryGl profile image61
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

I use Pligg sites to social bookmark.

They are all on auto approve, they don't ban your site and get indexed very quickly.

Anyone interested here is the footprint:

"powered by pligg" + "inurl:register.php"

Such a site is www dot kirtsy.com a typical Pligg social bookmarking site. Note the page rank and the links are dofollow.

Enjoy...

working