jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Word count/length for successful hubs

1. 0
    Baileybearposted 5 years ago

I am earning a small amount of money from my hubs and would like to  try to earn more.  My hubs are longish, approx 2000 words.  Is this off-putting?  Should I break my hubs up or write tighter?  I am also thinking I have linked away from my hubs too much.  Any advise from people that do well here

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Most of my sales hubs are 250-500 words and my information hubs are 500-1250 words.

I think that if you have hubs that are too long, people both lose interest and your keywords become too diluted.

2. Novel Treasure profile image85
      Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My hubs are generally at least 500 words but no more than 1600-1800. If they are longer they are generally story type or narrative in type. My information hubs have been more successful by being shorter in length but also broken up so as not to be one long read.

3. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For a start, google love linking and places your hubs higher in the search engines if you have links.

Far more important than length is to have interesting content. If the reader found your page via the search engines, which is what you want, then they will want to read all of your hub no matter the length.

On the other hand, if they are looking for something specific, they may scan read about half your hub and click off if what they are looking for isn't there.

Do they use the back button or click on a friendly advert that catches their eye?

This is a trick I haven't learnt, but apparently they are more likely to click an ad if you don't give them all the information they are looking for.

And there are no adverts at the bottom of the page if your hub is long and doesn't answer their question...

Back button is easier...!

2. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 5 years ago

Out of my two most successful hubs - one is about 2200 words, the other is about 450 words. Both are product oriented, sales hubs.

3. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

I tend to be long winded but have hubs from 600-2200 words.  It depends on the subject as to the length.  This is true for me in both sales and informative hubs. 

To each......