jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

1. jim10 profile image74
    jim10posted 8 years ago

Hi I just wanted to see if anyone has tried out Knol yet. I guess it is basically like Wikipedia but a part of Google so it is supposed to rank really well.

2. solarshingles profile image62
    solarshinglesposted 8 years ago

Hi Jim,
    Links are no-follow, but Google ranks its Knol very high in Google search engine rankings...much higher than usually:)

Here is one article about Google search engine's higher love towards Knol: http://searchengineland.com/080724-140223.php

Monopoly of content creation!?!, monopoly of monetizing with adds, monopoly of search engine business...what's next?

3. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Im not that impressed - the front page seems very static

4. Bike Web Guy profile image60
    Bike Web Guyposted 8 years ago

They are pretty cryptic about the no-follow links on their pages.  They do allow direct linking to affiliate programs.  It will be interesting to see how fast they start to rank well.  I have put up a few articles to see how they will rank. 

I have a question of other hubbers.  I have put almost the same articles on Squidoo that I have put up on hub pages and the Squidoo pages have gotten zero traffic while I have some hub pages that are getting pretty good traffic.  I just discovered the no follow part of Hubpages.  Pretty cool that it depends on your ranking.

5. jim10 profile image74
    jim10posted 8 years ago

Hi Bike Web Guy,

I joined Squidoo before I came here and nothing ever ranked that well. I thought my lenses were pretty good but I don't know. If you give me your name on Squidoo or your link I will happily give you a rating. But I found Hubpages to be much better.
    Good luck,

6. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

Back to the original subject, I am planning to write some knols.  I registered under my real name, and plan to do some very well researched and professional, not opinion, articles.  I'll let those stand alone, although I do have links to my other sites in my profile. 

I don't see anything wrong with Google letting Knol rank better than Wikipedia.  I mean, what did Wikipedia expect?  That Google would let them outrank their own product?  Still, Google has to be careful, because there will be a lot of unhappy customers if Wiki gets downgraded to page two, while knols sit on page one.

Right now, it looks like Google paid some doctors and other professionals to put articles on.  I also see a few articles that are more like Hubs than Wiki articles.  The good thing about Knol is that not just anyone can go in and change an article.  Any changes have to be approved by the article owner. 

I've found a quite a few errors in Wikipedia, due to people who didn't have a clue editing them, and some pretty outlandish conversations as well.