jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)

Your Internet Access will Be Limited From 2012

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

You can only access certain sites which would be decided by your ISP. This is ridiculous. Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5RQrxkGgCM

2. profile image0
    Pintu123posted 6 years ago

This is scary. Hope this never happens.

3. Mikeydoes profile image79
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

I'm not even going to watch the video, because I already know thats not going to happen.

People's lives and jobs depend on the internet, and pretty soon everyone's is going to.

4. sid_candid profile image61

Well I too believe that the video is just a way to get attention and is no fact. But why do people have to make such videos.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They make them for the very reason it's now the topic of a forum thread; to reach as many people as possible. Pretty soon you have a much bigger segment of people considering the possibilities.. and then we also know who will receive the blame! It's a crazy, paranoid world.

5. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

They stole radio and television and they will steal the Internet. You all are going to have to create an alternative.

1. profile image0
      Martyv25posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lets all get our creative heads on then, what should or could we do?

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I can't watch the video because at my current access speed it would take about 3 days to download. What's in it?
    If it's site restrictions they are already happening. I am sick of going to sites where I am not allowed to view. So far, those have included youtube videos and certain news sites.

7. profile image0
    Martyv25posted 6 years ago

Even if this does happen, which I'm sure it wont we will end up like China and other countires similar to it. People who are Internet savvy will get round the blocks.

8. sid_candid profile image61
  9. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Your sources are lame and outdated. Dig deeper

10. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Just a thought...but isn't the world supposed to end in 2012? So wouldn't the whole Internet thing be moot? smilesmilesmile

1. Mikeydoes profile image79
      Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll bet you $1000 that the world does not end wink

1. Pandoras Box profile image82
        Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hah! Tricky..

2. Pandoras Box profile image82
      Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile

Good point.

11. profile image0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

This seems to be the latest popular conspiracy theory of the reclusive and highly paranoid American underground.

I would perhaps suggest that those reclusive weirdos would be happier if we could all go back to living in caves and tunnels, all of this communication must be freaking them out.

To me the internet becoming extinct means this:

I lose my job, I have to get another one. That is all. Just like a bartender finding out that his bar is closing down.

It wouldn't kill me, it would probably make me a bit hungry for a while, the world adjusts, I get more fresh air, probably interact more socially, I throw myself into something different.

A couple of years of adjustment, probably healthier as a result. And for that reason this particular conspiracy theory could never scare me, in fact I am quite attracted to the idea.

12. Pandoras Box profile image82
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

I'm sure it does upset certain segments of even the american population. But I don't think those kind of people have as much power as they think they do, and what they have got is forever dwindling (largely due to the internet.)

As long as the internet is good for business, it'll stay open is my guess.

working