jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Lost my mojo

1. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 5 years ago

It has been eight months since I have posted a hub. Shortly after my last hub my life got a little crazy. Things have settled down but my creativity seems to have vanished. Can anyone give me some tips on how to jump start my writing again.

1. lorlie6 profile image86
      lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

How ARE you, samboiam?  I thought you'd vanished off the face of the earth!! smile  GREAT to see you here again!

Re: Mojo...I am there as well.  Nothing doing in the writing department. 

How about writing about your crazy life?

Again, wonderful to see you.

1. samboiam profile image60
        samboiamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lorlie6, I have missed everyone quite a bit. I have spent the last several nights reading hubs and seeing what others have been doing. I am beginning to feel the creativity returning and hopefully soon I will have a river of new ideas to work with.

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

For me shutting down is good thing every now and then. One may exhaust one's ideas. For me idea and the whole process comes from within.
    I have to feel it wanting to come out. Sometime you quit just to see what emerges.
    A hyper external world cam be antithetical to creativity. For me I need a settled environment. although I do create my own distractions since what I do is fairly tedious. I do everything by habit as automatic partly for the serenity of concentration.

3. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

Samboiam, I 'unfollowed' you since I thought you'd gone for good.  So don't be weirded out by my following you one more time!!

4. tlpoague profile image89
    tlpoagueposted 5 years ago

Don't feel bad...
    I signed up for HP and wrote about four hubs before taking a year off. I just recently (September) started writing again. I think I spent a month reading other people's work before I began to write my own. I have to admit tho, when I am having a day that I can't think of what to write, I jump over to the clean humor section and check it out. It seems to help.
    Good luck and looking forward to reading some of your hubs. smile

5. Ellarose92 profile image61
    Ellarose92posted 5 years ago

Maybe should look at ur new interest and ur past interests or things going on around you that you care about? Well anyway I wish u the best of luck