I have an Amazon affiliate account. However, the hubs tutorial explained linking the account by just using the product's URL. How am I making any money if my account name is not embedded in the code or url because the top one won't have my account name embedded. How does hubs or Amazon know to credit me?
if you have your Amazon affiliate code set under 'accounts' on HP, then your code is automatically inserted into any Amazon capsule you put on your hubs.
Remember too that that HP's affiliate code will be there 40% of the time, and yours will be there the other 60%.
As Izzy says, it is automatic once you have filled in the Amazon code in the "affiliate settings" under "my account". From that point HubPages does all the work for you, inserting your code wherever it is needed.
I did that a couple days ago. Thanks for the helpful feedback.
by MacPharlain2 years ago
I'm trying to sign up for the earnings programs and can't because I don't have a Google AdSense account. I applied for one a few days ago but was rejected due to "insufficient content". (My account...
by Mary McShane18 months ago
I just got this email. Is terminating your account normal if you don't have any sales or referrals in 90 days????Hello,Thanks again for joining the Amazon Associates program. We’re reaching out to you...
by David Branagan2 weeks ago
Hi everyone,I am trying to configure Amazon in 'External Affiliate Settings' although it looks like I do not have this option. It only seems to be an option under 'HubPages Earnings Program Settings'. Does anyone else...
by Doc Wordinger2 weeks ago
Hey,Do any non-US citizens know how much Wells Fargo charges when a foreign bank sends a USD check back to them for collection?I live in UK and receive a couple of checks each year from the Amazon Affiliate program in...
by Leigh Cann3 years ago
Hello hubbers.I am trying to get started with the Amazon Associate program, and have been rejected because I don't yet have enough content or followers.I currently have 10 featured hubs, and am busy with 11 and 12...
by Robert Loescher3 years ago
I have been trying to track this down for the last few weeks. Many of my Amazon Ads are using "hubpages-20" as the Amazon ID Tracking code. (My Tracking code is "chef...-20") This all started when HP...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.