jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

spammer status

1. 60
    warriormerposted 9 years ago

how does a page with multiple links going to diffrent places and information about a topic count as spam

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

What hub are you talking about?

3. JazLive profile image60
    JazLiveposted 9 years ago

Does the "links" point to outside web sites?

4. daniboy profile image59
    daniboyposted 9 years ago

Something tells me hubpages have gone overboard and are flagging too many (non-spam) hubs as spam, and actual spam hubs are getting through because they're laundering their links in a black/grey hat manner. If someone has taken the time to create an article on a given subject they're entitled to have a few links out, hubpages are taking their cut on adsense - so I don't see their problem. The TOS aren't clear enough on this IMO and need to be updated! As a non spammer myself, with a hub flagged as spam, I'm inclined to think "what's the point!"

5. 0
    GLORYposted 9 years ago

I have edited my hubs and now they are running without any problem.I have included one or two links only per hub.

6. embitca profile image81
    embitcaposted 9 years ago

It's still ridiculous. I build my hubs to be an information sharing resource with people, something they can bookmark because it provides easy access to information. My tv network hubs all have at least a dozen links in them -- all linking out to the same site -- and there's nothing spammy about it and nothing in it for me. They haven't been caught in the spam trap yet, but it would not surprise me if they ever do.

7. Stacie Naczelnik profile image89
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

If they do get flagged as spam, but you don't believe they are spam, you can request a review.

Come on guys, hubpages isn't being "ridiculous" about this.  I'm willing to bet this process is getting rid of real spam.  It would be ridiculous if you didn't have the option of a review or to fix your hub.  It isn't like they are banning you for one "offense" whether it is valid or not.